Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry the review's not done, I wasn't able to drive it last night, my coworkers conspired against me. However, I DID get the pics of the car before I had to dash out. Here they are:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What trunk Vita??? :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
What trunk Vita??? :D
that's what i'm saying, i've been wondering if you can at least fit a set of golf clubs, though it would be nice to fit 2...

thanks for the pics! can't wait to hear your review

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Very nice pics, to bad you didn't get to drive it. I am seeing things or does the engine cover say "VVT" which I would assume means Variable Valve Timing. Could GM finally be on the band wagon of this fad of computer controlled timing instead of just relying on the double cam setup?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Vita said:
that's what i'm saying, i've been wondering if you can at least fit a set of golf clubs, though it would be nice to fit 2...

thanks for the pics! can't wait to hear your review

From what I have heard, they will need to go in the seat! the trunk is only 3.8 cubic feet with the top up. Top down and you are down to 1.4 c.f. Here is the Pontiac website. Ultimately the Solstice/Sky are going to be great second cars but impractical as a primary. But (seeing as you are getting married and I already am) it should be OK as long as the wife's car is more practical.

Thanks for the pics, btw. That car looks very, very cool. Good luck with the review and test drive!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yeah, it hasn't been promising for quite some time now, but i don't plan on having one for a primary car (it'll be my primary modding car, and i plan to know it in and out).

i really like the dash setup, wouldn't be too hard to add some more guages by the looks of it, AND still look stock!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks sweet! Take a pic of it with the top up too if you could! I think the only pics I've seen so far are all top down.

Josh

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
purplesl2 said:
Looks sweet! Take a pic of it with the top up too if you could! I think the only pics I've seen so far are all top down.

Josh
check out solsticeforum.com for pics in the gallery, they've even got a shot of the factory sub behind the passenger seat. all you want to know is there, and they link to a sky site too, same guy/guys running it

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
hmmm The sky > solstice as far as exterior styling. That reverse hood is cool. I am not really digging the interior a whole lot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Agreed

^^^You are right^^^

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C'mon guys, 650-some views and 9 replies? Come on you lurkers, say something! It's ok.

I guess I'm glad people are looking at it; just wish more people had input!

I'm driving the car tomorrow morning, by the way, so the review should be up by mid-morning. I may borrow some layout software tonight and try my hand at a car-magazine style article.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
can i drive it???? there i said something :D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The review is up. Castrol, if you want I can e-mail you the originals, but they're fairly large files. If you want, I'll PM you the stuff for my Photobucket account, and you can link the files from there.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Got a pic of the top up? I don't think I've ever seen one like that yet...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sp00ner said:
Got a pic of the top up? I don't think I've ever seen one like that yet...
Sorry it took so long to get one; it may be kind of bright, it's the middle of the day, but here it is

·
Registered
149 Posts
The top looks like the fabric is a little loose in the fit department, I wonder if that would cause some noise issues...but Living here in L.A. the top would be down 90% of the year anyway!!! :p Nice Pics by the way. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts