that looks a lot better!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Dealer paint, or do it yourself?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That looks much better, too bad my car is black and so are those pieces.

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah give some details and on how you did it

·
Registered
754 Posts
SoCo Lime said:
painted the mirrors and two pieces of plasctic trim on the car. how do you guys like it? :cool:

Would you please park next to me J/k.I would love to have that done on mine.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
already had that planned you beat me to it. did this on my last two cars also it makes the car way cleaner looking

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what i did was sanded all the plastic with 220 grit to smooth it down. then with 320. make sure you wet sand everything so you dont waste paper. then spray some adhesion promoter on it. you need to do this because it is plastic. with that on put a few layers of primer on and then wet sand the primer with 600 grit. i mixed the paint at school. it was all dupont paint. code 6566 i belive. you can find your code is the trunk next to your battery.

Here is a shot of the whole side of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
WOW I really should do this to my blue one. That looks HOT!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey man looks great, I have the same color RL and I also painted all my extra ext parts too, I used DuPont paint and clear. Did the process kinda like you used, Did you bake your parts after you painted them. Also do you do autobody also?:)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I might give this a shot, I have a paint gun, decent one, that I got for Christmas about 2 years ago. I'd like to give it a try...

Is that a paint that will dry normal, does it have the same finish and such as the stock paint job? You basically just using the same paint that the factory would be using?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
More and more reasons we got the car so cheap... besides, I like the black, I just think that the red MIGHT look better. Have to photoshop it myself and see...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Damn it now i have to get that done now too. O well off to the body shop. looks sweet. Get rid of the spoiler.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.