Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday I'm cruising through town, taking it easy. I'm stopped at an intersection waiting for the light to change. The signal turns green and then before I even have a chance to take off, SLAM!, some old dude in a Crown Vic smashes into my back end. I'm pretty upset, but I don't want to sit there and block traffic, so I pull down the next side street to park and exchange ins. info. What do I see when I look over my shoulder? The old jerk just keeps on driving. Couldn't even get his liscence plate number. So now my beautiful new car has a big dent in the rear bumper and the trunk won't close right. Hope to get it fixed this coming week, but, man, it sure hurts to see my RedLine sitting in the drive like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have two similar horror stories I've heard.

The first was when a guy let his wife drive the car and she hit a curb. BUT, the funny thing is, the right front was all gouged, and scratched. Then on the left side, the wheel was bent and the wheel bearing was toast. So this guy's "wife" (I think it was him) hit a little more than a measly curb.

The second is of a guy who had his car for 2 days. He was headed back from a trip to King's Island, and a semi threw a tire in front of him, and he had no chence to avoid it. It took out the entire front end including the condenser, intercooler, and radiator. It wsas pretty ugly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes I agree. they say its the young drivers to look out for, which in some cases is correct but 9 out of 10 close calls involves older people. I feel bad because one day I will be that old but i have so many close calls, slamming the brakes or dodging old people.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've nearly been taken out in the dealer's shuttle sooo many times. Mostly because I take a lot of people to the mall, and we know how mall drivers are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts