Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im ordering the FE5 struts and shocks for my 06 RL, and i have been contemplating on what lowering springs to get. So far im thinking about the Canuck Motorsports springs, Tein, or the SSC springs. I dont know a whole lot about the CM springs, and i do know that tein is rough but my car is a track/summer whore and only driven during the summer. And does anyone know anything about the SSC springs? I try to get the most knowledge about something before I do anything to my car. im also running the OEM wheels and might buy the TC wheels but not sure when? Any info would be great guys

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you're going to track the car do the conversion for pedders.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Depending how much of a drop you want the SSC and CM only come in a 1.75 drop. I just tried to purchase some of the 1.25 but they are sold out. I finally settled for some H&R from Gripmotorsports. They are 1.4 on a regular Ion and should be like 1.2 on the RL. Pedders are the best and everyone always yells BUY pedders and nobody ever mentions that they are over 1k.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Depending how much of a drop you want the SSC and CM only come in a 1.75 drop. I just tried to purchase some of the 1.25 but they are sold out. I finally settled for some H&R from Gripmotorsports. They are 1.4 on a regular Ion and should be like 1.2 on the RL. Pedders are the best and everyone always yells BUY pedders and nobody ever mentions that they are over 1k.
Well $900 if you do the full conversion with all brand new shit (I mean every little fucking piece in the struts too). The pedders themselves are around $400 for the springs.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
paid 328 with shipping off CED for pedders a couple months ago
^^^This...everyone complains about the price of Pedders...not bad price considering one of the best handling mods (besides tires) that you can spend is FE5/Pedders upgrade. No current off-the-shelf coilover system for our cars is viable compared to this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts