Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. :mad:

I walked outside of my g/f's house about 10 minutes ago and noticed a red blazer parked where my red SL2 should be. I looked up and down the street and my car is nowhere to be found. I called the police and they verified that it wasnt towed. I heard some ruckus this morning around 8 or so and it sounded like a bunch of trucks and maybe a tow truck. So I'm hoping someone just towed it and the police don't know about it yet. Theres no glass or anything where I was parked so they probably just had a key.

I'm not really that upset because I don't have that much money into the car. But this is a headache I dont want to deal with. And who would be stupid enough to steal a red saturn wtih a personalized plate on it??

So keep an eye on your cars! 91 to 97's are super easy to steal!

And if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area keep an eye out for a lowered medium red SL2 with a personalized plate that says LOW SL2.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Man I am so sorry to hear that. Even though you said you don't have much money into it, that still sucks, and I hope they find the car and catch the bastards in their own shit.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i live in san francisco, i'll keep a eye out for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I GOT IT BACK! Long story to follow...

CHP (California Highway Patrol) called me at 5:45 and told me they had my car. I got a call from the officer about a minute later. He told me he had my car and it was involved in a high speed chase. :eek:

Here's what happened. A CHP officer clocked my car doing 59 in a 35. So he tried to pull them over and they took off on a high speed chase through the hills. They were speeding around a curve, went into a private driveway, hit one of those realty sales signs, lost control and the car went off the road into a field. The suspects then took off and there was a foot chase. The CHP officers tried to catch them but they couldn't. The officers headed back to the car and that's when one of them got my number from the national database. He gave me a call to tell me they had my car and he was in the middle of telling me where they were and he had to hang up. Apparently they were heading back to my car and they noticed that one of the suspects came back to get a bag out of the back. They caught him and they said he started to cry 'like a little beyotch' (<--- cops words! :D ). They didn't go into too much detail about what he might have said tho.

So my g/f knew the spot where my car was so we took off to go see it. As we pulled around the corner we saw my car on the side of a hill and a tow truck operator having a beyotch of a time getting it up. Because of the fresh grass that's been growing from all the rains we've been having the car was just sliding all over the place. So I helped him out to get the car up the hill. I actually ended up doing a lot of the work so he didn't charge me at all. He was just glad I helped him because he didn't have a clue how to get the car out without causing tons of damage.

While I was trying to help him I noticed a key in the ignition. It wasn't mine and it wasn't even for a Saturn. It was a TOYOTA key :eek: . It was worn down enough that it opened my doors, trunk and with a little jiggle, it started my car. It was an older style Toyota key that I wouldnt have even thought would work on a Saturn. There was even a little tag on the key that had Toyota written on it. And on the back it said Saturn. So how the hell did this fuktard know that this key would work on a Saturn? The cops think this key might be 'the key' to some other Saturn thefts in the area. They took the key into evidence.

So the officers showed up just as we got the car out of the field. I looked it over and saw a blue jean jacket in the back that wasn't mine. I didn't want to do too much cause I thought they'd want to do a search of the car. But since so many people had been through the car they said it was ok. They had enough evidence.

So I went through the car. They took my g/f wallet (stuff from her wallet was on my dash and in the center console), the face to my CD player, some of the papers from my unemployment class (wierd), the spare tire and stock jack (really wierd), my speaker box, amplifier, and all the change from my ash tray.

Both personalized plates were still on the car (YAY!). But the windshield is smashed, the passenger side mirror was gone, the drivers side front corner of the car is scraped up and the fender is cracked. The hood is dented and the drivers side rocker panel is scraped up. The engine wasn't touched. (YAY)

So the moral of this story is: Do something to disable your cars everyone! Get an alarm. Or remove a fuse that won't allow the car to start. Thieves are using Saturn and TOYOTA keys to steal our cars!

·
Registered
141 Posts
LowSL2 said:
While I was trying to help him I noticed a key in the ignition. It wasn't mine and it wasn't even for a Saturn. It was a TOYOTA key :eek: . It was worn down enough that it opened my doors, trunk and with a little jiggle, it started my car. It was an older style Toyota key that I wouldnt have even thought would work on a Saturn. There was even a little tag on the key that had Toyota written on it. And on the back it said Saturn. So how the hell did this fuktard know that this key would work on a Saturn? The cops think this key might be 'the key' to some other Saturn thefts in the area. They took the key into evidence.
This is a very old story but I'm sad to hear that Saturn didn't learn the lesson. Toyota was famous for years for thier weak tumblers in thier locks. You could break them with a blank key and the tap of a hammer. Also, over time the locks get sloppy and this stuff can happen.

Remember, there is a reason that Toyotas and Hondas are stolen more than most other cars. An not 'cuz they are popular!

And good luck to you dealing with insurance!

·
Registered
82 Posts
wow. anybody ever heard of an 86 dodge 4 banger getting stolen? me niether. looks like i'm good to go. glad to hear at least they found your car and you don't have to wonder and worry. again, good luck with getting back to good.
tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts