Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i posted in here last Saturday about my car with 1,800miles (that's right not even its first oil change yet) being towed to saturn because it brok down. Well they told me 3 days later it was a valve and they'd have to order the part. I haven't received one call from them so i call the service manager today (a WEEK and TWO days later) and he says
"yup we have the part here".
I asked when it woudl be completed and he said NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!
This is rediculous, i told him the car is in a car show next weekend and has a stereo install appointment this thursday and he pretty much told me tough luck.

Anyone else have horrible customer service???

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
evlrdlne said:
Well i posted in here last Saturday about my car with 1,800miles (that's right not even its first oil change yet) being towed to saturn because it brok down. Well they told me 3 days later it was a valve and they'd have to order the part. I haven't received one call from them so i call the service manager today (a WEEK and TWO days later) and he says
"yup we have the part here".
I asked when it woudl be completed and he said NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!
This is rediculous, i told him the car is in a car show next weekend and has a stereo install appointment this thursday and he pretty much told me tough luck.

Anyone else have horrible customer service???
That's not terrible customer service, that's no small job that they have to do there. Did they quote you a day that it would be done? If they did, and now it's alot longer than promised, that's in line with every mechanic I've ever dealt with. It does seem like a long time, but they still have to fix all the cars that came in for whatever reason before yours. Mine took 3 days to fix the Cam Sensor because of the people in front of me.

You can't hold him responsible for missing a stereo install or a car show, that's not his problem in anyway. What is he supposed to tell you? 'Ok sir, we'll bump your car in front of all the other people, who feel that their car is the most important one in the shop as well.'? They can't do that because that is horrible customer service. They have to put you in line, just like if you had made an appointment, the only problem, is that you don't have your car for a couple of days like you do with an appointment, because its broken.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would understand if my car had 20,000km on it or someting. I bought a car that i expected to atleast last to its first oil change and they told me it woudl be done friday and now they are extending 1.5 weeks beyond that. the part is there, the rest of the engine is fine.
I spoke to the mechanic (who i know) before the service manager and he told me that he was told to leave my car and serve the paying customers!!
The service manager also told me if i wanted him to do a crappy job that i could have my car back this thursday.
I know its not their fault my car broke, but they dont' have to treat me like they are treating me. i feel like if i'm paying 600$ to drive a car that i haven't even had in my ownership more than 2months that i shoudl have a car to drive!!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Serve the "paying customers" first????

And what the hell are you??? Unless you got your car for free 2 months ago you are a "paying customer" too.

Do you at least have a loaner or rental? At the very least you should get one of those.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they gave me a 4door saturn ion 1, which fine costs 10G less than mine, but they are wanting it back!!!!!!! so i'm gonna be careless!!
how nice of a dealership is that?
I was very nice to them when i came in on the flat deck with my car and this is how i am getting treated in return.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has had bad service with their dealers???

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
evlrdlne said:
they gave me a 4door saturn ion 1, which fine costs 10G less than mine, but they are wanting it back!!!!!!! so i'm gonna be careless!!
how nice of a dealership is that?
I was very nice to them when i came in on the flat deck with my car and this is how i am getting treated in return.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has had bad service with their dealers???

The only trouble I have had is when my tranny was leaking. It took about 8 or 9 service visits before they finally decided they should replace the tranny, which is what i had been telling them all along.

As far as giving the car back? Bullshit. Tell them that they can get their car back when you get yours back. It's not like your car payments are gonna stop just because you don't have a car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dealership treatment

Personally, I feel I was treated rather poorly by the dealer I took my first (2004) RL to. It was when I was having all my brake and clutch issues and wrote the forum for help. Don't get me wrong, everyone at the dealer was smiles and giggles, but they had my car for what felt like forever without a loaner. They had the car for a total of 18 days (in 3-5 day increments) over a three month period and finally provided me a loaner for the last three days. This only happened because I got a hold of corporate in Tennessee and raised Holy HELL!

I've bought 8 new GM vehicles (I'm an old fart who likes new cars :D ) since 2000 and felt like I was the "ugly red-headed step child" (my apologies to anyone this category fits!). Maybe I was wrong, but I expected much better treatment from this dealership. I was recommended to try the service dealer by my selling dealership, as they were four hours each way and this service center was only an hour North. Unfortunately, they felt like I was being a nuisance and that it wasn't their problem since I didn't buy the car from them in the first palce! They even told me this at one point! Talk about pissed off! It's a miracle I didn't kill somebody on that hour ride home.

In the end it all worked out as the dealership I purchased the RL from gave me a 2005 RL to replace my 2004 RL. It cost me $1500 for the additional options and tax, but Saturn ate another $3K on the take back. The dealership was not able to adequately repair my 04 and Saturn decided it was better to keep me as a customer than lose me forever to another brand. It was just a matter of time anyways, as I had begun to file a Florida Lemon Law and was assured by the state that I had a winning case. Hopefully, your story will turn out equally as well :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
you know, the head has to come off to replace a valve. i suppose you always could've gone and done that yourself, then worried about getting all the vacuum lines and wiring back in the right place. you could also go ahead and call some other shops and see if they can do it any faster, then maybe tow your car to them instead. sheesh.
tony

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
macncheese said:
you know, the head has to come off to replace a valve. i suppose you always could've gone and done that yourself, then worried about getting all the vacuum lines and wiring back in the right place. you could also go ahead and call some other shops and see if they can do it any faster, then maybe tow your car to them instead. sheesh.
tony

The whole point of having a new car and a warranty is so that when something f's up, you don't have to fix it yourself or pay a third party shop to do it.

I still say that he just tell them that he's keeping the loaner until he gets his car back and call the shop about 3 times a day to check the status. Squeaky wheels get the grease. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jfelser:that is quite the story what you went through, glad to hear they gave you a new car. I will definately keep my fingers crossed that in the end it will work out alright. I'm just really not looking forward to if its is going to be 1.5 weeks longer that woudl mean a total of 20 my car sat at the dealership, half of which the part woudl be sitting there for!!

macncheese: yup i know they have to take that all apart, it was done days ago, my car is sitting outside in their parking lot and the head and everythign is apart inside of their service centre being ignored. they have everything, just won't put it back together for me.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
evlrdlne said:
jfelser:that is quite the story what you went through, glad to hear they gave you a new car. I will definately keep my fingers crossed that in the end it will work out alright. I'm just really not looking forward to if its is going to be 1.5 weeks longer that woudl mean a total of 20 my car sat at the dealership, half of which the part woudl be sitting there for!!

macncheese: yup i know they have to take that all apart, it was done days ago, my car is sitting outside in their parking lot and the head and everythign is apart inside of their service centre being ignored. they have everything, just won't put it back together for me.
Call Saturn corporate in TN and bitch.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If you're car is sitting OUTSIDE, with the head completely apart, you're gonna have some serious issues. You better make sure that the car is not sitting apart for days, outside, with the head off. That is NOT something they should be doing. That head shouldn't come apart until the parts are in hand, and they're ready to take it apart and put it back together in one day...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spooner: thanks for the heads up on that.
I actually called the owner of the dealership today and told him who i was and he asked me how i was doing and i told him my car was in the service dept for the last 12 days now and he was appauled. I told him what the service manager told me and how it was very rude that no one had bothered to call me and update me over the past 12 days and that i didn't appreciate being given the option of having my car fixed "crappy" by thursday.
He said he'd call me back within the hour, sure enough 15min later i get the call back form the owner, the car will be fixed by thursday an appologized.
30min later i got a call from the service manager stating he was wrong not callign to update me and that it wasn't handled properly (obviously told to do so by the owner).

The good part is i'm getting my car back which is all i wanted, i've only driven it 2 weeks since i've owned it so was quite frustrating.
I bought B&G springs for it and the owner said they will put them on for me tomorrow when they put the car back together and only charge me 1hr labor (i guess it woudl usually be 2hrs to put them all on). so i agreed since he was nice enough to deal with the issue right away.
I wish i hadn't had to go to the owner but i was getting no where with the service manager.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sometimes it pays to go to the top!

Well, as someone said; "The squeeky wheel gets the grease!" It's hard to wait for people to do the right thing and too often you just get passed over for those that are making a big stink. I didn't get anywhere 'til I contacted GM Corporate. In fact, Saturn turned me down flatly over the phone, saying the car was fixed and if I was unhappy, I should consider trading it in on different brand. Thanks Norah! Talk about being pissed!!!

I was planning on trading it for a new Mustang GT (at a loss of $4K) when I got the call from one of Saturn's VPs of Operations. He told me to hold off buying the Mustang, as he was told to do whatever it took to make me happy. I could have been a ***** and demanded a new car for free, but I always try to look at things from the other guy's view. $1500 looked alot better than $4K and I really liked the RL better, so . . .

Anyway, keep up the pressure til you get what you want :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jfelser said:
Well, as someone said; "The squeeky wheel gets the grease!" It's hard to wait for people to do the right thing and too often you just get passed over for those that are making a big stink. I didn't get anywhere 'til I contacted GM Corporate. In fact, Saturn turned me down flatly over the phone, saying the car was fixed and if I was unhappy, I should consider trading it in on different brand. Thanks Norah! Talk about being pissed!!!

I was planning on trading it for a new Mustang GT (at a loss of $4K) when I got the call from one of Saturn's VPs of Operations. He told me to hold off buying the Mustang, as he was told to do whatever it took to make me happy. I could have been a ***** and demanded a new car for free, but I always try to look at things from the other guy's view. $1500 looked alot better than $4K and I really liked the RL better, so . . .

Anyway, keep up the pressure til you get what you want :D
I don't suppose you ever found out what that was did ya? I'm real interested in what the final result is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I don't suppose you ever found out what that was did ya? I'm real interested in what the final result is.

Spoon,

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I love the 05 RL! Performance-wise it's working perfect, as everything operates flawlessly. The clutch has great pedal feel, like a hydraulic unit should. The brakes work great, strong with no pulling. The engine doesn't seem to have any issues. I have accepted the little niggles (wind noises, squeeky clutch pedal, etc.) rather than take it in for service. I don't ever want to go there again!

As for my old 04 RL, I'm not sure what they did. I hope they didn't just pawn it off on someone else. It would be best if they were able to repair these problems as the car was awesome otherwise!

If I didn't answer your question, please be more specific. And thanks for your assistance when I was going through all this crap!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jfelser said:
Spoon,

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I love the 05 RL! Performance-wise it's working perfect, as everything operates flawlessly. The clutch has great pedal feel, like a hydraulic unit should. The brakes work great, strong with no pulling. The engine doesn't seem to have any issues. I have accepted the little niggles (wind noises, squeeky clutch pedal, etc.) rather than take it in for service. I don't ever want to go there again!

As for my old 04 RL, I'm not sure what they did. I hope they didn't just pawn it off on someone else. It would be best if they were able to repair these problems as the car was awesome otherwise!

If I didn't answer your question, please be more specific. And thanks for your assistance when I was going through all this crap!

I was just wondering if you happended to find out what was wrong with your old car? If you're ever in there for an oil change or something, ask them if they ever found out what was wrong with your old one, and where it is now!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unfortunately, I'll probably never see that RL again. When I dropped it off to pickup the new car, it was at a dealership over four hours away. I usually do my own oil (even the RL's) and will attempt to find a better service dealer locally, should I weaken and take it back in :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts