Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry to break the winning streak on this forum but i felt my story had to be told...i was coming back from the dealer talking to him about my tach help..i turned left and saw a black srt-4 stopped at the light...i thought about it and busted a bitch and came up behind him before the light turned..i finally got room and gto up on his ass and flew by...ive only seen 3 srt4s on the street..one of them my friend that i went to the track with..surprisinlgy he took the challenge...we drove around for a while until we got up to a light next ot each other...he had 2 passengers in the car i none...what i didnt like was it was raining...and earlier it had been pouring...and redline owners know just a little to mcuh gas and your spinning out of control...we took off and stupid me gave it to much gas..i was spinning barely going anywhere in first..so i tried to shift early and MISSED second gear then again to much gas so i went spinning again..what an idiot..the srt-4 had a perfect run..he easily beat me...he smoked me by about 3 1/2 cars... try to get him to run again but he turned left an i turned right..i gave him the thumbs up and turned...fu** i was pissed..i finally get to run one and i blow it...sorry redline fans..

·
Registered
156 Posts
redlineRACER said:
im sorry to break the winning streak on this forum but i felt my story had to be told...i was coming back from the dealer talking to him about my tach help..i turned left and saw a black srt-4 stopped at the light...i thought about it and busted a bitch and came up behind him before the light turned..i finally got room and gto up on his ass and flew by...ive only seen 3 srt4s on the street..one of them my friend that i went to the track with..surprisinlgy he took the challenge...we drove around for a while until we got up to a light next ot each other...he had 2 passengers in the car i none...what i didnt like was it was raining...and earlier it had been pouring...and redline owners know just a little to mcuh gas and your spinning out of control...we took off and stupid me gave it to much gas..i was spinning barely going anywhere in first..so i tried to shift early and MISSED second gear then again to much gas so i went spinning again..what an idiot..the srt-4 had a perfect run..he easily beat me...he smoked me by about 3 1/2 cars... try to get him to run again but he turned left an i turned right..i gave him the thumbs up and turned...fu** i was pissed..i finally get to run one and i blow it...sorry redline fans..
dont worry about it two have beaten me now and until I get the pulley, CAI, and other mods(which hopefully will be soon) I will not attempt again.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Don't sweat the loss. He would have beaten you even if you had a perfect run. Their cars are just simply faster than ours at this point and time.

And racing on a wet street????? That's just asking to get in a wreck dude.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I ran one on the freeway and beat it, 9 out of 10 times (just to make sure I was not dreaming) although he did have 4 people in his car and I was alone.
THEN i raced my buddy in my old srt (the list of mods is HUGE starting with a greddy ebc, AEM CAI, 3" turbo back, underdrive pullies, MSD, I/C chiller, suspension up the ass backword, and a stage 2, and goes on and on and on).
Anyway we raced from a 10mph roll, I jumped about half car strady through to third then he PULLED actually walked, well more like ran away.
From a stop I got about 1.5 cars on him, till about halfway through third, then he walked again, My poor little car just didnt have the umph to keep up. Well what can you do, at least I have my pace car now . . . :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw a redline around here the other day, it was keeping up with a SRT (clearly i could see) on the 101. I tried to follow along in my civic..but they must of been running mad fast...it was interesting to see tho. The part I saw, the redline jumped ahead of a few cars and swerved to the side, while the SRT had more of a straight break (not many cars in its way) but I could see that the redline was gaining, haha not my own story, but just makes me want a redline more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts