Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that might not have seen the info that Terry from SFP-HQ sent to me here it is again.

Thx.
-Keith-
AND HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

Keith, we make the pulleys for all Eaton Superchargers. Check this out
here, as the pulley you want to replace the factory pulley is here and will
give you an added 2 more pounds of boost. The DUB 3.25" Pulley Unit is what
we also sell for the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline. Hope this helps.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/wbody/ps_dub_system.htm

Keith, this pulley unit will not only fit the model 62, but all of our model 90's and 112's. Hope this helps, as this will be the best investment for the buck and give you the safest 2 lbs. extra boost you will need. I would not under any circumstances go with any pulley smaller than the 3.25", as "Severe Detonation" will occur. We have been Specializing in all Forced Air Induction Vehicles now, for the past 17 years, as well as knowing what these engines like..

·
Registered
73 Posts
AZKMK said:
For those that might not have seen the info that Terry from SFP-HQ sent to me here it is again.

<EDIT> Guess we moved back to this thread

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771&page=9&pp=10

Thx.
-Keith-
AND HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

Keith, we make the pulleys for all Eaton Superchargers. Check this out
here, as the pulley you want to replace the factory pulley is here and will
give you an added 2 more pounds of boost. The DUB 3.25" Pulley Unit is what
we also sell for the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline. Hope this helps.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/wbody/ps_dub_system.htm

Keith, this pulley unit will not only fit the model 62, but all of our model 90's and 112's. Hope this helps, as this will be the best investment for the buck and give you the safest 2 lbs. extra boost you will need. I would not under any circumstances go with any pulley smaller than the 3.25", as "Severe Detonation" will occur. We have been Specializing in all Forced Air Induction Vehicles now, for the past 17 years, as well as knowing what these engines like..
Keith, thank you for contacting us, in regards to our DUB (Dial_Ur_Boost) Interchangeable Supercharger Pulley Unit for all Saturn Ion Redline/Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged Vehicles.

We are here to help and assist all enthusiast with their supercharger pulley needs, plus additional information on what to do to their engines, at the time they install these smaller supercharger pulley units.

We are presently updating our website and will have these DUB Pulley Units for these two vehicles uploaded onto our website by the end of this week. We are also offering to all members a Group Purchase buy on all our DUB Pulley Units, with a required 10 member commitment.

I can be reached at [email protected] for additional information. Thanks for inviting SFPH to the website.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
So you guys have done your R&D and can guarantee that the smaller pulley that provides 2 extra pounds of boost is safe to use on the motor in its stock condition?

That would be excellent. Especially for guys like me who will not be able to afford the Psi-Fi kit for quite some time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
JPK said:
So you guys have done your R&D and can guarantee that the smaller pulley that provides 2 extra pounds of boost is safe to use on the motor in its stock condition?

That would be excellent. Especially for guys like me who will not be able to afford the Psi-Fi kit for quite some time.
JPK, we do recommend you regap, as well as close your sparkplug gaps down .005, when installing our 3.25" DUB Pulley Unit, along with using the recommended 93 octane Sunoco/Amoco/Mobil Unleaded Fuels, to be on the safe side.

Anything smaller than our 3.25" DUB Pulley System, will require additional small modifications to give you Optimal Performance under wide open throttle. Hope this helps.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What do you call 'additional small modifications', we have been told something VERY different, from a few sources, than what you're saying here...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Also, what about the computer opening the wastegate at 12psi and not allowing the car to build any more than that? This has been discussed as well.

It would do no good to buy a smaller pulley if the car will not allow any more than 12 psi of boost. Have you guys looked into this aspect at all?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not tooting or un-tooting anyones horn here.

But if you want some more info in SFPH go to here www.enjoythedrive.com
and read what the SEMA guys say about some of there pulleys.

I would like to see some DYNO sheet runs etc. Maybe we can work on someone from South Fl. adding one and testing etc....what do you think Terry?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
AZKMK said:
Not tooting or un-tooting anyones horn here.

But if you want some more info in SFPH go to here www.enjoythedrive.com
and read what the SEMA guys say about some of there pulleys.

I would like to see some DYNO sheet runs etc. Maybe we can work on someone from South Fl. adding one and testing etc....what do you think Terry?
That would be best. I know that we have quite a few redlines in FL.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
JPK said:
Also, what about the computer opening the wastegate at 12psi and not allowing the car to build any more than that? This has been discussed as well.

It would do no good to buy a smaller pulley if the car will not allow any more than 12 psi of boost. Have you guys looked into this aspect at all?
If you really wanted the BOV, buying the pulley to open up the wastegate would do the (expensive) job if that's what really happens...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Nah, I don't really car about getting a BOV sound at all.

I just wanna know if the computer will even allow us to boost past 12 psi. I've read here on the forum that it will not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sp00ner said:
What do you call 'additional small modifications', we have been told something VERY different, from a few sources, than what you're saying here...
Sp00ner, to keep things simplified here, you will have to have the PCM Reprogrammed if you go with any pulley size smaller than a 3.25".

I am sure someone is already working on getting a tuning program setup for these vehicles, as it is just a matter of time as to when they do.

Also you will need to go with one range colder sparkplug and adjust the gap down accordingly, to help lower the cylinder temperatures on running higher boost levels, especially using anything smaller than the 3.25" pulley. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Without a controler you cant get more than 12psi. Our limits at 4500 rpms to make the 12psi. If the limiter were removed the nubmer would be 15psi on the stock pulley.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
JPK said:

That would be my main concern also, reliability.

By the way, what's the PSI-FI kit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
what happened to that "boost mod" where guys were taking a vacuum hose off of some solenoid? Psi-fi said it added an additional 1 psi. If doing that mod causes no problems with drivability and reliability, then why not slap this pulley on there with that boost mod in place? or did i miss the thread that said the mod killed someones engine, or where it was proved it didnt work?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
it didnt work

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
has this actually been run on a Red Line or Cobalt? or is this just general guidance for swapping out to a smaller pulley?

what about the fact that we can run so lean? if the computer won't compensate enough for it, we'll be bent over if something goes wrong.

it's easy enough to swap a pulley and go with what the GTP guys would have to do, but will it/has it safely applied to our cars specifically?

and PSI was running what, 18psi using the stock comp. and a piggyback, so maybe they've figured it out (limited boost) and aren't telling until they release product.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts