NGK BKR8EIX (2668) *Iridium*
Denso IK24 (5311) *Iridium*

Three Ranges Cooler
NGK BPR9ES (7788) *Copper*
NGK BKR9EIX (2669) *Iridium*
Denso IK27 (5312) *Iridium*

Stock Gap is 0.45"
PSi-Fi Pulley Kit Recommendation gap is 0.28"
Intense-Racing GM-MAF-T/42.5lbs Injectors/2.8" Pulley Gap recommendations is 0.45"
South Florida Pulley Headquarters suggested NGK BK7RE gap is 0.35"

For those of you running 2.8" or below. TWO RANGES COLDER IS RECOMMENDED.

The one stage is just not cutting it, well for me atleast here in California.

For those of you that want to go balls to the walls like Jmc007 with the 2.6" Pulley. Do yourself a favor and go with the 3 ranges colder plug.

I personally am a NGK guy, i've had a bad experience with Denso (but I know they are a great plug).

I used the Autolites for like a day and hated them. Car felt like shit..

Anyone with anymore information to add, please do so..

·
Registered
498 Posts
As said earlier, Iridium plugs ignite the air fuel mixture fastly, resulting in a hotter spark. But hotter spark and faster spark can also means faster knock retard if the timing advance isn't optimised ...

·
Registered
498 Posts
The fact that we cannot gap iridium plugs is purely and simply a MYTH. Are they more difficult to gap ? Yes. But they CAN be gapped if you properly use tools and your brain too LOL.

Scroll down on the following page, you'll see an example of a feeler gauge.

http://www.vespamaintenance.com/tools.html

Here is the gap distance :

http://www.installuniversity.com/install_university/installu_graphics/freshman_year/spark_plug_wire_install/gap_distance.jpg

You must use the good feeler and GENTLY slide it between the center (round) iridium electrode and the bended electrode. It must be tight. If the gap is too large, you can gently tap on the bended electrode to reduce the gap until the gap is ok. The hardest part is if you tap too much, the gap will be too much reduced, and that's why iridium plug isn't easy to gap, because you will have to use pliers to bend the bended electrode until the gap is larger.

Denso Iridium small center electrode is 0.4 mm in diameter and NGK is 0.6 mm.

In either way, NEVER bend or hammer or even touch the small center round electrode.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OK guys let me bounce this one off ya. I got a p0300 code while on it hard yesterday. It also surged at 5200 to 6200 rpm. Now the P0300 code is multiple misfire of all cylinders.
To give you an idea of my setup STOCK PLUGS (the prob I think havent checked them yet) 3" pulley, K & N FIPK, sms long header, all 3" exhuast, lightned lfywheel.. Didnt have the water alky kit on.

I think its spark blowout, I have a set of BKR7EIX NGK's I havent put in yet but I was going to gap at .035". Just looking for a second opinion...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sinister redlines said:
OK guys let me bounce this one off ya. I got a p0300 code while on it hard yesterday. It also surged at 5200 to 6200 rpm. Now the P0300 code is multiple misfire of all cylinders.
To give you an idea of my setup STOCK PLUGS (the prob I think havent checked them yet) 3" pulley, K & N FIPK, sms long header, all 3" exhuast, lightned lfywheel.. Didnt have the water alky kit on.

I think its spark blowout, I have a set of BKR7EIX NGK's I havent put in yet but I was going to gap at .035". Just looking for a second opinion...

I think the BKR7E are going to be good for you. Try the .035 gap but for me the .028 was best for me..

I'm only running the two stage colder iridium's because I don't have a choice, I need the two stage colder..

run coppers..

i had stock heat range (BKR6E) in there for 50 miles and I swear those things were completely white and about to be melted..

I had them in there with race header, intake, cat-back and 3.25 pulley.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What plugs

Hey guys quick question ... Im running the PSI_FI KIT and a 50 of Nitrous what plugs do you guys suggest.. And do you guys think i should change the gap thats suggested by Psi_fi???
P.s im in florida... MIami to be exact..

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get_Sum said:
Hey guys quick question ... Im running the PSI_FI KIT and a 50 of Nitrous what plugs do you guys suggest.. And do you guys think i should change the gap thats suggested by Psi_fi???
P.s im in florida... MIami to be exact..

You should run a 2 stage or even 3 stage colder plug and some upgraded fuel injectors and fuel management.:D

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
ok so i have the 3" pulley and i have a set of BKR7E plugs ...... the best gap is ..... what 0.035 or should i do like a 0.032 or what .... ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The best would be to get the gap as large as possible without having some misfiring. Stock gap is 0.040", some tune between 0.045" to 0.028". The best is to test many gaps then you will find the best for YOUR setup.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I never took spark plugs into account when it come to tuning. While this information is very useful. How does one determine the "best" plug to use? I don't have a problem pissing money away, well I do have a problem with that...but anyways...When I get plugs I wanna do it once. So How does one choose a plug?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brisk SILVER Plugs -

DOR12LGS (2 stage colder)
DOR14LGS (1 stage colder)
DOR15LGS (Stock Heat Range)

Has anyone tried the silver plugs?

How well do they stand up to heat?

I read they are better than coppers, but I don't trust everything I read. So I want your input guys..

I have run 2 stage colder iridiums, I don't like em. Coppers always worked well for me, but I can't find 2 stages colder for any brand in copper.

If the Silvers can stand up to the beating, I'll buy em...

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
its not that expemsive to buy plugs

guys its not that expemsive to buy plugs. even the expensive pluhs arent realy that much we have 4 cylinders. so if a certain plug dont work try another oneuntill it does.

thats just my 2 cents. :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
s2 car

stock plugs ok?
I would assume if they weren't GM would have put them in the stage kit, wouldn't you think?

·
Registered
498 Posts
jmc007 said:
Nice ! Just ordered some Brisk DR14YS today. I'll keep you updated.
Plugs run well, and they also stand very clean. But it might be caused by the 94 Octane Ethanol Blend I'm running. Performance wise it's hard to tell without dyno, but I think my MPG is lower with a colder plug.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
So anyone have any new plug information? My NGK's are burned down and it's time to replace them. Has anything changed in the 3 months since someone posted on this? What are y'all running now?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I talked to the head designer @ honeywell they own autolite and he said to run PN XP3923 for iridium and AR3923 for copper style
I have had them for a wile now and they work great I was having problems with the BKRs leaking around where the ceramic and the metalic part meet.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
2.6 pully should I run NGK BKR9E Iridium Plug -3steps colder? Gapped at ???

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
had to bump this thread and i need an answer...wut plugs should i run and what gap??? Because i just throw a p0300 code and the car sputters very bad at 4K'ish, but these are brand new fucking plugs gapped at .035,and it keeps misfiring on me...
I have a 2.9, dp, gmpp exhaust, and a 90 wet shot

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Bump! NGKBKR7E gapped at .35 no problems, found my iridium NGKs to be burnt out so! Try .30 or .40 if .35 dont work.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts