·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Dang! My thread is still up here!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Iv searched far and wide and no luck. I have 2 step colder plugs running a 2.8 pulley and meth injection nd various other mods, What gap shall I use?

Sent from my gay Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
579 Posts
Damn -_- well maybe I can find those at a store, lol. Thanks Eric, you have been super helpful lately :) not that you weren't before D:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
New Plug Suggestions...

This thread dates way back yet still find it useful. I have an 06 IRL with only a GM Stage 2 kit installed as for front end mods. With the standard stage 2 pulley. Also have a true dual catback Magnaflow setup out back 2.5 inch with stock header, etc. With time passing, I know some of the old part numbers have changed for some of the plugs. My question is with my current setup...what plug should I be running and at what gap ? I am partial to NGK that came stock but I was told I should be running a different plug with the stage 2 kit installed. Any and all responses are always appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for your help.. I was told I should be running a one step colder plug. But honestly, I never knew that. Right now I'm pretty sure I'm using an NGK stock range plug and car seems to be doing fine. But wanted to double check. Didn't know if I might be missing out on some hidden power I may not be aware of, etc. I have been made aware that these cars do like fresh sets ...and often, like you said. How many miles do you normally go between changes ? Thanks

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
Thanks for your help.. I was told I should be running a one step colder plug. But honestly, I never knew that. Right now I'm pretty sure I'm using an NGK stock range plug and car seems to be doing fine. But wanted to double check. Didn't know if I might be missing out on some hidden power I may not be aware of, etc. I have been made aware that these cars do like fresh sets ...and often, like you said. How many miles do you normally go between changes ? Thanks
I change mine once a year. 10k-15k

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a 2.9" pulley and I'm going to swap out the stock Ac Delco Iridiums for some BKR7EIX-11 plugs. I also want to make sure I'm getting the most possible out of my car.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
4644 is one step colder. I had knock with the stock plugs then put the 4644 in and no more knock very cheap on price to. Picked up a 4 pack for $8.00. I change them once a year. I have 42.5 injectors, 2.85 pulley, custome hp tune, and free flowing exhaust with some cooling mods and a typhoon intake. Been using them for around 7 years and 130,000 miles.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts