Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I came up on a Sentra Spec-V last night with exhaust and possibly more done to it. He decided to downshift and speed up and we passed a couple cars and both dropped a gear (him probably two since its a 6 speed) but needless to say, my '05 RL handled his Spec-V pretty easily and at 110-115mph I let off. He was about 3 car lengths back but still trying... lol.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I really liked the car when my older brother got one a couple years ago. But now that I've upgraded from the SC2 I had to a Redline... I've got a different opinion about them and its fun to know that my "saturn" is more than capable of crushing his Spec-V.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MR.280ZX said:
Here is a little peek at what will be replaceing the current sentra. I dont know if they are staying with sentra or changing the name. The supposed se-r spec v model will have a turbo 2.0 inline four with 225 hp.
That link only had 1/2 of a sentence about the Sentra and it just said it "will be redesigned in the next couple of years" Nothing about a turbo inline 4. That goofy looking Nissan is going to compete with the Scion tC not the RL.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The current Spec-V is better than most of the cars in it's class, speed-wise, yet they still can't sell 'em... I thought they were gonna put Honda down hard, and it never happened...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dear Mr. 280ZX,
Thank you for making me scare my mom. While Nissan makes/made a bunch of kick-ass cars, that particular one is ugly. Very ugly. So ugly that when the page loaded and I saw it, I screamed. I screamed so loud that my mom spilled her coffee. Then I showed her the picture of the car, and she almost screamed as well. If this car makes it to production without any styling changes, look for an increase in accidents caused by scared/distracted drivers. All in good fun.
Sincerely,
Garbs

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sp00ner said:
The current Spec-V is better than most of the cars in it's class, speed-wise, yet they still can't sell 'em... I thought they were gonna put Honda down hard, and it never happened...
that's because nissan NEVER advertised it. I owned an '04 Spec V and it would out handle any FWD car i've ever driven stock for stock. The Spec V could very easily out sell the civic with advertisment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.