Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok checked mine and it is backwards also, gonna take it in on friday and not mention it see if they do it, prob wont, if i talk to the tech i will ask him to do it for me. If he can

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm heading out right now to do it... anyone else have a strange issue like MotorMouth there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had mine fixed. Thanks to this thread, I went to the dealer armed with the correct info. My service adviser was able to make a few calls and get the correct passwords to access the TSB. Seems it was only issued yesterday. Ahh... the power of the internet. Repaired no problem. THanks guys for the heads-up.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
How did you guys get the pins out? I didn't want to just jam a screwdriver in there and shove, since they weren't coming right out... My car is on a jack right now, so a quick answer would be a saviour right now!

I've been trying to get the F*&*#$# things out for 30 min now... am I just that simple? Or is there a little trick to it?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, I give up... I don't know how the hell you guys got those pins out of there, I tried everything I could and nothing worked.... :mad:

I bent one of those inner 4 pins on one wire a little, and that was enough for me...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo spooner try to find some cooper tub or a tube with a slightly larger dameter than the pin and slide it down the pin, it should than slide rite out of the plug something like a straw would work if it was a thin straw. better if metal but some plastics will work

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
navymitch12 said:
yo spooner try to find some cooper tub or a tube with a slightly larger dameter than the pin and slide it down the pin, it should than slide rite out of the plug something like a straw would work if it was a thin straw. better if metal but some plastics will work
Did you do it yet? I was out there with an electronics screwdriver set, and I was pushing pretty damn hard, it just would NOT budge. I'm gonna give it one more shot... what exactly am I aiming for? Maybe they're just a little stuck?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, that's that. There is nothing I can do get these freakin things out. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I can't do it. I've had the screwdriver come out the back of the plug 3 times, yet nothing I do will even make them budge.... I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up pretty badly if I keep going... F&**(&^*&*&^*&^*&^*(&FFck

I guess there's something that I'm not getting... I had the screwdriver sticking out the back of the connectors, right on the side of the insulation, nothing. Seems like I managed to crack the connector a little though! Go me... this sux...

·
Registered
841 Posts
"built up to and including vin breakpoint 5Z139240"
so any vin after that should be ok
I got my redline today, gonna check it tomorrow.

sp00ner you could always cut the wires and reconnect them so its correct...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Well, that's that. There is nothing I can do get these freakin things out. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I can't do it. I've had the screwdriver come out the back of the plug 3 times, yet nothing I do will even make them budge.... I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up pretty badly if I keep going... F&**(&^*&*&^*&^*&^*(&FFck

I guess there's something that I'm not getting... I had the screwdriver sticking out the back of the connectors, right on the side of the insulation, nothing. Seems like I managed to crack the connector a little though! Go me... this sux...
spponer i just sent you a pm, the process should take very little if any force to remove the pins after you gently push down the tab on the right side of the pin using a thin tool

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Don't you think that is a safety issue though? Or can it not short out or anything? Not to mention they sent me a card for the 02 sensor, yet this is considered 'by complaint'? I don't want to tear into you, I think I did that once over something like this before, but that's pretty lame. When you do something as lame as hooking up an intercooler pump backwards, you better fix that crap. Sorry, I'm starting to vent and it's not your fault. Have you seen alot of these coming in, or any techs fixing it on their own? I know you guys have to get paid for the warranty work, but for something that takes less than 2 min and no parts, I thought maybe they would just do it 'real quick' when it's in for something else...
I agree that is is a little lame. If it becomes a major problem then it will become a recall. Until then, the mighty dollar takes precedent over the recall.

More importantly, has anyone noticed a lag at low speeds in power now? I switched my wiring Wed and since then I noticed a lag. Seems just like before the ECU reflash during cold weather. Strong lag in 2nd at low rpms. Never had the problem before switching the wiring. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
I agree that is is a little lame. If it becomes a major problem then it will become a recall. Until then, the mighty dollar takes precedent over the recall.

More importantly, has anyone noticed a lag at low speeds in power now? I switched my wiring Wed and since then I noticed a lag. Seems just like before the ECU reflash during cold weather. Strong lag in 2nd at low rpms. Never had the problem before switching the wiring. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?
It it a lag off boost? Or are you getting more power during boost now, and that makes it seem like lag off boost?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
no such thing as lag of boost. How many times must I go over this. And my has a flat spot just over 2k when I shift it feels like its falling on its face.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
you must get the latest PCM update, they told me the '04s would get wheel hop, and now they'll just spin the tires, they repeatedly told me that i MUST get it done because it'll make a huge difference in power. i like the guys at my dealership, probobly because they don't doubt me anymore on TSB's they've never heard of, and like to talk with me now. either way, get the recall and the new TSB for the PCM, it's a must

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Vita said:
you must get the latest PCM update, they told me the '04s would get wheel hop, and now they'll just spin the tires, they repeatedly told me that i MUST get it done because it'll make a huge difference in power. i like the guys at my dealership, probobly because they don't doubt me anymore on TSB's they've never heard of, and like to talk with me now. either way, get the recall and the new TSB for the PCM, it's a must
I've done all the updates, but I'll redo them tonight. It's not really a lag on boost, it's more of a lag in power at low rpms. Do y'all remember what it was like before the ECU reflash? Shift at low speeds and kinda hesitates until higher in the rpm band then kicks in. That's what it feels like. I'll test it out a little more when we slow down and take a ride with the shop foreman. I'll let y'all know

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just called the dealer with the TSB # in hand as well as the VIN range posted on here.

Thanks for the info bro!

The dealership didnt have paperwork on the TSB yet, but armed with info/descirptions/pics of the problem shown here they were satisfactorily impressed and said "bring 'er in".

It's a good exuse to get a free burger tomorrow while they do the quick fix on it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tbone said:
Just called the dealer with the TSB # in hand as well as the VIN range posted on here.

Thanks for the info bro!

The dealership didnt have paperwork on the TSB yet, but armed with info/descirptions/pics of the problem shown here they were satisfactorily impressed and said "bring 'er in".

It's a good exuse to get a free burger tomorrow while they do the quick fix on it.

what is this talk of a free burger? dont say that your saturn dealer serves burgers?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
goofyguy said:
no such thing as lag of boost. How many times must I go over this. And my has a flat spot just over 2k when I shift it feels like its falling on its face.
I didn't mean it like that, it was just a simple way of saying a much more complicated statement. I meant the same 'lag' people were feeling before that first update or whatever. Lag in the lower rpms...

Mine has that same flat spot.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts