Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering who has the spoiler that they had shown in the brochure. My RL came with the small spoiler, they said they were having problems with the manufacturer of the big spoiler. I was wondering if maybe I could go to my dealership and ask to have the the big spoiler on at no extra charge?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The big spoiler was an added on option so I doubt the dealership would just give you one, I'm sure you could order one though. I think they are about $450.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, we had to pay $380 on the invoice for the big spoiler, so I doubt you could get it free. You SHOULD be able to get it for $380, if you talk to them right, since you wanted it as an option and they couldn't give it to you. I know that my dealership said they would get the big spoiler for me and do just what I said, if I ended up with one that had the small spoiler due to other features, or colors, or something along those lines.

Otherwise, you can just pay a little extra and get the dealership to paint and install it for ya...

·
Registered
29 Posts
be careful though. when i was buying my rl i wanted the big spoiler and they flat out refused to do it. the problem is that when the car has one spoiler on it, its held on with double sided tape and some bolts. the bolts come off easily but the tape is just murder to get off without damaging the paint. i gave up on having the big spoiler and now im glad. ive driven rls with the big spoiler and the rear visibility is seriously hindered by that big wing in the rear view mirror. it seemed like there was no seat adjustment that allowed me to see the headlights of the cars behind me

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Blacksheep said:
be careful though. when i was buying my rl i wanted the big spoiler and they flat out refused to do it. the problem is that when the car has one spoiler on it, its held on with double sided tape and some bolts. the bolts come off easily but the tape is just murder to get off without damaging the paint. i gave up on having the big spoiler and now im glad. ive driven rls with the big spoiler and the rear visibility is seriously hindered by that big wing in the rear view mirror. it seemed like there was no seat adjustment that allowed me to see the headlights of the cars behind me
A heat gun or really powerful blowdryer work wonders!

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
LIVE thread LIVE!

and keyser, have you done it yourself? curious simply because it seems to be the general consensus that taking it off is a LOT more work than just a heat gun ;)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Freakazoid said:
LIVE thread LIVE!

and keyser, have you done it yourself? curious simply because it seems to be the general consensus that taking it off is a LOT more work than just a heat gun ;)
A tech at my dealership has done it several times and I am going to have him do it on the side once i get my new wing. I took off my emblems and badge with a heat gun and the wing uses the same tape, just a lot more of it. I am patient and it took time but it was well worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.