Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to remove their spoiler? I have an 05 cobalt SS and they used some sort of super adhesive to hold the spoiler on.. it wont come off even if i remove the bolts. Any ideas as to how to get it off?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Mine was brought to a body shop from the dealer, that way if it got screwed up, they could fix it. Getting that adhesive off is not somethin I would try by yourself.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i know people have said it was difficult but if u take your time it can be done. (what color is your car)

·
Registered
94 Posts
The way that I did it was I got some fishing line and a heat gun and as I would heat it up I would slide the fishing line back and forth cutting through the adhesive. After I detached the spoiler I used goo gone to get the residue off.

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
that is sweet looking. now whats the next mod on the list. I have one in mind.

I cheated though on the spoiler removal. I just traded trunks with someone.

Also yours was not bolted down?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
goofyguy said:
that is sweet looking. now whats the next mod on the list. I have one in mind.

I cheated though on the spoiler removal. I just traded trunks with someone.

Also yours was not bolted down?

yes it was, i just used those little push-in tab type thingies to fill the holes. They worked well and are keeping the water out.

·
Registered
289 Posts
MattSS said:
yes it was, i just used those little push-in tab type thingies to fill the holes. They worked well and are keeping the water out.
Man! those taillights are mad. I really hope these cars take off. I think we are going to get some really good looks in the future. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
i got my 2005 redline yesterday, and had them not install the aerowing. i love being spoilerless too. it also was cheaper that way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts