Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you have read the latest sport compact mag.

heres' some stats on the redline.

197 whp.

169 wtq

.85 skid pad

68.4 slalom

60-0 121 feet
weighs 2960 lbs.

no lsd.

0-60 7.1 sec.

1/4 mile in 15.3.

the car makes power all the way to the 6450 red line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have that mag. they basically ripped the redline a new a-hole. the only thing they praised were the nice recaro seats. anyway this doesn't look like the car for me. rsx-s is more like it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Snooters said:
i have that mag. they basically ripped the redline a new a-hole. the only thing they praised were the nice recaro seats. anyway this doesn't look like the car for me. rsx-s is more like it.
Don't get an RSX-S, they are slow.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Why did you breathe life into a thread from March of 2004 to say something stupid like that?
Hahaha, he just did this to a thread from october 2003. He must be on crack, or using the search tool too extensively for way too random of crap?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I was bored damnit!

·
Registered
710 Posts
yrethguad said:
Saying the S is slow is saying the RL is just above slow.
I dunno man I had 2 chicks in the car with me when i destroyed a modded one...

·
Registered
710 Posts
SatredL said:
I've already bitch-slapped two RSX-s. One modded, one stock. Please don't buy a RSX you can find better.
It's no use, he's probably got 25,000 miles on it by now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Okay, i know the thread is way over a year old, but i guess since it is topical, i can say that RSX-S ha nothing on the saturn. My car gives me issues, that I'm sure the Acura wouldn't, but for speed, I have handed a few of them there ass.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My fiance raced one in my car and totally destroyed it. The driver of the type S told us he runs 13.7 in the 1/4, don't know if that true or not, but my car still crapped all over it. ;)

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
All from a stop I'm guessing?

I find it hard to believe otherwise. Goofyguy had about a 90 horsepower and 100 ft. lb. torque advantage on me, not to mention weight advantage, and I could still surprise him. I can't imagine what 6 gears and an extra ~60 horses could do.

·
Registered
710 Posts
No, this was one of my friends...i posted the kill a long time ago. He has cat-back flywheel clutch shifter and intake. we went from 40 and i put 2 cars on hiim up to a little past 100. then he wanted to go from 50 cuz it was more in his powerband so at 5000k in second i gun it and leave him.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yrethguad said:
All from a stop I'm guessing?

I find it hard to believe otherwise. Goofyguy had about a 90 horsepower and 100 ft. lb. torque advantage on me, not to mention weight advantage, and I could still surprise him. I can't imagine what 6 gears and an extra ~60 horses could do.
No this race was on the highway. They slowed down to prolly around 40 or 50 mph. I have the video at home. If you don't believe I can get him to post it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
my buddy has an rsx type s and i rip him up everytime he has a greddy exhaust aem intake cams and a few other bolt ons here and there. doesnt stand a chance without nitrous or turbo.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts