Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
hahaha....they have no idea what they're talking about.

They're all just badmouthing the RL's but nobody really knows, I love it. :D

·
I
7,838 Posts
LMAO, "it sucks that it's a Saturn that beat you but good run". Lots of BS in that thread, glad we aren't such children here.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm surprised the guy admitted to getting beat. It's funny how no one believed the whp then it change to "well, it's still a Saturn & I wouldn't be caught dead in it...". Ya know, both Volkswagon & Subaru (seems like the only companys represented on that thread) had pretty humble beginnings, too. I especially liked the quote from the guy who said the RL looked a little too ricey but in his list of "mods" it included clear signal lenses & such. WTF?!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I also did! I love it! :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
whoever that saturn empoyee is, is a retard, make sure you link them to Saturnof Peoria's thread with his stock timeslip of 15.54

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys whats up! Im glad that u like my mods too!

·
Registered
679 Posts
From what i understand is you have 18' some what drag tires on a car that cant break 15's lol. I beat your super car R32 not enough to even try run your rabbit or whatever it is. Ooh and if you read in the posts someone took a TT out aswell. Under my belt of german cars are twin screw corrado a gti r32/jetta1.8t also a 2.0t and BMW 325i w/chip & exhaust and a Boxter. HMMMM (LAUGHS) PLASTIC WINS!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 2.0t hasnt been released yet....looks like somebody has been doing some bench racing!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey man whats up! Alot of redlines and saturns are going to Bradenton tonight so come and run with is. It would be fun....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha thats too far bro im in South FL! http://www.sflgtg.com/ Y dont u come down here next weekend there will be a few hundred of us!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This debate is pretty childish. I'll agree the Redlines are quick, no where near a fast car. Don't get me wrong, a stock 1.8T is no where near a fast car either but the problem seems to be on both ends. The Saturn guys don't know the Dubs and the Dub guys don't know the Saturns. It's personal preference and I hate to say it but a lot of VW owners are serious 'Fan Boys'. If one of you with a Redline, modded or not, would like to have a few 'friendly' runs from each others sweet spots(40mph roll, 20mph, dead stop, whatever) I'll be more than happy to provide my VW as a tester against the Redline. If you want to seriously play, I'll bring out the NSX and we can go through twisties if that's what you like :)

Regards,
James

·
Registered
64 Posts
The stock RedLine isnt a race car, but if you get beat by one niether is your sled!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tbone said:
The stock RedLine isnt a race car, but if you get beat by one niether is your sled!
I never said my car was a race car...
My car is quick, not fast.
The arguement here was the fact that a stock Redline will beat a chipped VW. I'd like to see visual proof. What's the avg weight of the Redline? Gearing ratios? Final Drive?

·
Registered
26 Posts
BlackJetta. You spurred my curiosity with the way you talk about your car. I'll be the first to say that the Redline is not a race car but, most of them are still stock. So lets look at stock for stock.

My car has 205 horse and can do 0-60 in 6 flat....

This snipit is from VW..

"The Jetta Wolfsburg Edition with the five-speed manual transmission makes the trek from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 7.7 seconds."

Man I am impressed...

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts