Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up my race wheels and tires today. The wheels are just some cheap painted aluminum wheels from discount tire and the tires are Kuhmo victoracers. lol the tires cost allmost twice as much as the wheels.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Nice man. Hopefully those tires will work out well. I plan on doing the same thing, buying the some el cheapo but lighto rims with both competition tires and winter tires. As much as I want to get into autocrossing this summer, I'm probably going to save it for next summer and use this summer to save up and practice perfecting my manual skills.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cool. Drive the tires on the road for about 100 miles to get the mold compound off. Then don't use them of the street, if you can. The rubber is soft enough that it will heat cycle itself out if you use them other than on race days.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Are those narrower than the stock ones?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope same width. The one thing that I am not sure about is the offset. I think it is the same. I dont think it will be a problem with my racing

Edit: The tires are wider. The stock tire width is 205. These are 225's. Kinda gives it a little more beefy stance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
redlineRACER said:
have you used these tires at the track...i would like to see the times diffreneces between the stock tires and your tires...
On a 40 sec. course, if the driver knows how to use the tires to their optimum capabilities, the difference will be about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
these are good tires i have used them, but the driver is the biggest difference!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.