Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who was that today in the red RL on I-275 before 696 in the Novi area? Anyone here?? Saw you zoom past me with your buddies, so I had to play catch up and show off a little. It's always fun to show off the RL love.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Haha, jpapa, that was definitely me. lol. I liked the pinstriping on your redline, first off. Secondly, way to be FAR more enthusiastic than the last redline owner I came across (similarly in Novi!). Me & the boys were on our way from school in Ann Arbor to dinner at the Outback in Novi, where my friend works. So yeah. It was a good time. And I have to say, it definitely is nice to show off the Redline love.

So I am assuming you live somewhere in that area, and I know there's definitely some more in the Detroit/Ann Arbor region; perhaps we should have a meeting somewhere in that region sometime; I'm always out there. But it has to be soon - leaving for florida in 10 days!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea man, I first saw you pass, saw the exhaust and new that it was a RL. Did you see me when you first passed me and expect me to catch back up? It's pretty cool when you run into another RL on the road.

Unfortunately I won't be in Ann Arbor any time soon. I go to U of M, and the semester just ended today. So was moving back home with all my crap today (home is Rochester) so about 45 minutes away. It would be fun to meet up, maybe we can get a meet and greet going on this weekend or next weekend with fellow Michigan RLs near by. If not, then maybe we can get something started when you get back from FL and when the fall semester starts back up at school.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me on the meet & greet. You lucky bastard going to U of M, I am trying like HELL to get in there. I've heard great things about the school in general, their film & video program, and their girls :p Anywho, I was thinking a meet & greet at the Novi Outback could be a decent place; it's pretty central between Detroit, Ann Arbor, and where I live in the sticks, and it's not TOO hard to find (on Grand River btw. Wixom & Beck roads right off 96). And yes, if not within the next couple weekends, definitely when I return. Again, good seeing another RL on the road, it was good fun. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
i work a few blocks from there and would be down for meeting up sometime.

There also was some interest of meeting up in Royal Oak, some redline owner says his family runs a bussiness on woodward.

We need to get a thread going and actually meet up, be nice to get some pics of us mi redline guys (think there is like 15 or so of us on redlineforums).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im up for it but I live off of 21 mile so that outback seems a little far. Royal oak is still a little far for me but I think its a little more central over all. Have y'all thought about meeting up near the Gratiot strip or woodward so we can cruize after the meet? Ive never been to Woodward but I know some spotts on gratiot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts