Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Time-saving tips, products and advice to get your ride clean and shiny in a jiff.

Spring is in the air, and car-care season is upon us. With the winter gone away for another year, the time is right to treat your ride to some much-needed TLC, leaving its cabin clean and detailed, and its paint shiny, lustrous and protected.

Cleaning and caring for the look of your ride, inside and out, is easy and trouble-free, and more so if you’ve got the right products and equipment for the job. Best of all, taking care of your ride’s appearance is a great way to ensure it looks good for the long haul and can improve resale value, too.

Below, we’ll look at seven items that will make your springtime car care ritual even easier, as well as some tips and hacks that’ll save you time and money, basically making you a genius.
Read more about the Spring Cleaning Essentials for Your Car

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man, on Sunday I extensively cleaned the car- wash, clay, wax, interior, etc. Should have checked the weather, over night it poured. Car was covered in dirt. All good, gave it a quick rinse and wipe down. Went back outside, bird took a massive dump on it. I mean behemoth.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Man, on Sunday I extensively cleaned the car- wash, clay, wax, interior, etc. Should have checked the weather, over night it poured. Car was covered in dirt. All good, gave it a quick rinse and wipe down. Went back outside, bird took a massive dump on it. I mean behemoth.
keep waxing that surface and becomes immune to these elements

my surface is like ice in the summer

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The clay made the car so smooth, I used the mothers kit. It actually hurt to look at in the sun light.

I did the clay bar once and never went back because of the time involved

I can't spend the whole day on the car anymore ... but it definitely worth it if its doable

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Personally, I haven't found a wax that looks better or lasts longer than Nu Finish. I know it's older than dirt (I used it on my first car in the '80s) but it's cheap and does a great job!

The Once-a-Year Car Polish | Nu Finish | Nufinish

I used to use NU finish years ago also

I have been using on my redline turtle wax with the Carnauba - rub on type

It goes on easy and creates a very good shine. The smell is pleasant and it usually keep the bubbles on after rain for several months - perhaps not a full year though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts