Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
theres none that are made specifically for the redline but the sprint springs and the B+G fit. i personally have the B+G's only because they lower the car 1" the sprints lower the car 1.5" which was to low for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
redline603 said:
are there any spring kits out for the RL that are worht buying i think spring makes one but i heard that they arent a very good company????
I think you mean sprint, and yes they do make a kit. I'd say about 90-95% of the dropped Red Lines on this forum have them. Theres also B&G, and Eibach is working on some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RedLined said:
I think you mean sprint, and yes they do make a kit. I'd say about 90-95% of the dropped Red Lines on this forum have them. Theres also B&G, and Eibach is working on some.
yea sprint was what i ment to type trying to be on here at work :rolleyes:
but are they worth buying anyone who has them what did u pay for them and do u like them??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
I think they are between 130-150$ on ebay, and i think everyone likes them. The ride stays about the same and they lower the car 1.5 inches front and rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
RedLined said:
I think they are between 130-150$ on ebay, and i think everyone likes them. The ride stays about the same and they lower the car 1.5 inches front and rear.
Between $130-150 for sprint springs on e-bay? Wonderful...maybe ill look for those tonight. I didnt know they were so cheap. Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
i am putting them on mine ill post detailed info after i am done regarding the ride and new "ability" of the suspension if there is any. and yes you can get them off ebay for 137.00 with free shipping. i am a sprint dealer (through distributor for them as i didnt want to go direct with them) and my price isnt even that low, i am not sure how he is doing that but buy them while you can. sprint says they know about this and are working to stop this low of a price on them
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
I love my sprints.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
zfactor said:
i am putting them on mine ill post detailed info after i am done regarding the ride and new "ability" of the suspension if there is any. and yes you can get them off ebay for 137.00 with free shipping. i am a sprint dealer (through distributor for them as i didnt want to go direct with them) and my price isnt even that low, i am not sure how he is doing that but buy them while you can. sprint says they know about this and are working to stop this low of a price on them
You sure that they're actually Sprint Springs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
buy them before sprint goes after this guy. like i said they are fully aware of his selling prices. the ion springs are supposed to retail for 309$ according to sprint. i am not the one who spilled the beans but my contact at sprint said someone from this forum called asking if they were the real sprint springs at this price and he is not very happy. i bought my oen personal ones from him and i get them wholesale. i also had now 6 of my customers buy them from him. i would feel terrible selling them for near double that price. but buy them soon. the buys at sprint are looking into this guy or so i have been told.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Can someone post a link to the $130 springs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I've bought three sets of springs from Suspenmax (ebay ID) - one each for my son's Talon, my other son's Nissan, and the Saturn. I replaced the "Springtechs" with H&R Sports - I do product liability testing and investigation, so please don't ask about them, I can't get them for anyone, not even another set for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I've bought three sets of springs from Suspenmax (ebay ID) - one each for my son's Talon, my other son's Nissan, and the Saturn. I replaced the "Springtechs" with H&R Sports - I do product liability testing and investigation, so please don't ask about them, I can't get them for anyone, not even another set for me...
How do you find these springs "work" on your Saturn Jim?
sufficient rates?
harsh or jouncy?
too low?
sag or set?
Thanks for your impression on these (considering them over the Eibachs)

Regards
WopOnTour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Eiback springs

Eibach makes lowering springs specifically for the RL. Hot Compact and Imports magazine did an article on these in the july '05 issue on sale now.
They claim the springs lower the car 1.4" up front and 1.6" in the rear.
Eibach's part # is 3898.140 they sell for about $250
Has anyone bought these springs? Is an inch and a half too radical? Please post pic's if you've got 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Lucifer said:
Eibach makes lowering springs specifically for the RL. Hot Compact and Imports magazine did an article on these in the july '05 issue on sale now.
They claim the springs lower the car 1.4" up front and 1.6" in the rear.
Eibach's part # is 3898.140 they sell for about $250
Has anyone bought these springs? Is an inch and a half too radical? Please post pic's if you've got 'em.
There is a thread about this. There are not Eibach's specific for the Redline, they put the regular ION springs on it and should not have. From what I understand the Eibach's should not be put on the Redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
jeepin79 said:
There is a thread about this. There are not Eibach's specific for the Redline, they put the regular ION springs on it and should not have. From what I understand the Eibach's should not be put on the Redline.
Could you post a link to the thread? where did you hear this? according to Hot Compact and Imports mag these are for the RL.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top