Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i know, not again.i did a search and i cannot find what i'm looking for.

1. are the springs on the rl the same as the qc?

2. has anyone used eibach spirngs or know anything about them?

i can get eibach springs at a good price, i just don't know if they will work.

·
Registered
524 Posts
YAKUSATURN said:
i know i know, not again.i did a search and i cannot find what i'm looking for.

1. are the springs on the rl the same as the qc?
They are different, but the QC lowering springs will work on the Redline. However, all of them do not fit.

2. has anyone used eibach spirngs or know anything about them?

i can get eibach springs at a good price, i just don't know if they will work.
Barry has them, but they do not fit nicely. He had to do some customization to make them fit. The consensus is to stay away from Eibach. Most people run Sprints...

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Will the progress springs work on the RL's too? I have progress right now on my QC and I heard that sprints aren't as good in quality or is this just a rumor?

·
Registered
142 Posts
IONCHICK,
I have progress springs on my RedLine. They worked great. Take a look at some of my recent pics...below is a link. Also there saturn licensed so they wont effect warranty, I dont think any lowering springs will anyhow. But whatever. There nice 1st time I've lowerd any of my cars so I like it. they've have gone down more, I took thoes pics the day i lowerd it so they wernt worn in yet.

heres a link

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2190

·
Registered
36 Posts
But when you add a bodykit it will appear lower probably. I think my drop was only 1.0" so I guess they updated the springs a little bit. I bought my progress springs in 2003. I like the car with the drop anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
barry no longer has the eibach springs.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
But what about ride quality, I am trying to decide between the Sprints and the Progress. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard that progress springs are better. There is less bounce (if that is possible when you get springs/coilovers) with progress than sprints. People complained that the sprint springs don't handle turns as well as eibach or progress.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Didn't someone here say that they thought the Sprint springs felt softer than the stock Redline springs?

·
Registered
524 Posts
SMS sells the progress springs and has admitted that they have quality flaws. Progress does not car and will not do anything about it. Apparently the rear springs drop the car more than the fronts and the handling becomes awful. That is why I'm staying away from them, progress isn't making stuff for Saturn anymore. So chances are they don't a shit...

Tom

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just got this months HCI(Hot compact & Imports) and as is my usual habit i start from the end and read forward. To my amazement an awesome looking Redline was featured in an article. The added an Eibach pro kit(#3898.140 and some Konig Blatant 19in wheels. The stance was just fantastic!!! So at work toady I call up Eibach to talk springs.......The guy says "Those are not Red Line springs, in fact my screen says do not install on a Red Line. Let me call an engineer really quick can you hold?" So I hold for like 15mins and the guy comes back on and I tell him all about that I saw the things installed on a red line in this magazine, he got kind of up set and told me that he would contact his marketing department right away because the engineer says that they are totally different suspensions (duh) and that those springs were not designed to work on the Red Line.
SO don’t get all excited and check back in July..... :mad:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ill check with tein and see if they will be producing for us. they make outstanding springs. i try to use them as much as i can on the imports that come in out shop. and they are very reasonable price wise. of eibach...they make good stuff just not for our car. they tried to counter fit another set so as to not have to produce two different ones. as far as sprint and progress are concerned. go progress. sprint springs are terrible in almost every way. i do not use them anymore. they really start to sag after a while. and usually have sloppy handling. suspension tech. should have a set also. these are usually pretty good springs for the money. also intrax either has or will have springs soon. i have used intrax with good results. and goldline should have a set also ill check. believe it or not these usually work great on hondas etc... have not tried them on american cars but they tend to work great for the price. again out of all of these tein would be my first choice. ill check with them asap. let you guys know.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
tein has these for the 04 cavalier, and has a listing for a colbalt. ill call them tomm and see what the status if for the redline.
just checked h&r they make awsome springs and they have them for our car
part # 54345
no listing for goldline yet but i will call them also
intrax says they have them will get you all a part # tomm

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
YAKUSATURN said:
hey guys where did you get your sprint springs.
Ebay. (Message was too short)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
SMS sells the progress springs and has admitted that they have quality flaws. Progress does not car and will not do anything about it. Apparently the rear springs drop the car more than the fronts and the handling becomes awful. That is why I'm staying away from them, progress isn't making stuff for Saturn anymore. So chances are they don't a shit...

Tom
SOOO what's why my car drives like a POS now?!? Good thing I am going to be bagging the car soon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ionchick said:
SOOO what's why my car drives like a POS now?!? Good thing I am going to be bagging the car soon.
Are you being sarcastic or are you serious? I have written proof where this was stated by someone from the SMS...

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts