Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got the back springs off, but it seems that the new one from suspensionmax are larger on both ends of the coil (specially on one end).
Did they send me the right ones? I'll see if I can attach a pic.

If they are correct, how do I get the rubber boot off the one end (orange coloured one)?

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
WD4, its how we got it off you have to twist and pull at the same time.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I specified Redline, so that's what I thought he send me. I know the ebay name was for just ION, but I emailed him and told him I wanted for the Redline. Has anyone else ordered the sprint springs from supensionmax for the Redline ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
as of right now no company makes springs specifically for the redline. they are all for the regular ion. B&G and the sprints are the only one that i know of that also fit the redline.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
there is a black plug inside that orange part. get that out with a screwdriver and itll pop off. Then put it back in the the new spring.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for the quick replies.....but I still am not sure if I should put these on because the one end does not fit the boot snuggly.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Check your PM's.

Those are not right. The entire spring is too small and mine had the smaller diameter coil on each end just like the stock ones.

There may have been a shipping mix up. Call suspension max and tell them you have the wrong springs. I'm sure they'll correct it.

I also used some WD-40 type lubricant to take those boots off. Just pull and twist as stated above. They'll fight you most the way, but you can get them off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone

I just emailed them.
I even emailed them right after to let them know I had the "2004 Saturn Ion REDLINE 2.0L Supercharged". :mad: they even charged me $20 extra for shipping to Canada.

now I have to put the stock ones back in until they send me the new ones. :mad:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Mase said:
Thanks everyone

I just emailed them.
I even emailed them right after to let them know I had the "2004 Saturn Ion REDLINE 2.0L Supercharged". :mad: they even charged me $20 extra for shipping to Canada.

now I have to put the stock ones back in until they send me the new ones. :mad:

It doesn't matter if you have the RL. Same springs for both.

As long as you only have the back ones out, it will take about 10 minutes to put them back in.

I'm sure that suspensionmax will straighten this all out for you because you definitely got the wrong springs.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just curious but those look like the front ones, do all for of the springs look like that, I had two that look like that and then 2 that looked different

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
D3XXFR said:
Just curious but those look like the front ones, do all for of the springs look like that, I had two that look like that and then 2 that looked different
No way dude. It's sitting next to a stock rear spring. The front ones are bigger than the rear.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, now I'm confused. The ones I got are identical to the ones on the ebay item page:

item number: 7960913199

If there is no difference between regular ion and RL, then these should fit :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the big ones should have tight loop on both ends.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just talked to Suspensionmax and they did send me the wrong ones :mad:

They took a week last time.....but they said they'll see if they can express it this time. Apparently the ones I got are for Toyota something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts