Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my springs myself and I'm pretty sure that I did it correclty. I made sure that I reinstalled everything exactly the way it was. I followed all the directions exactly. However, I've seen some other redlines with sprint springs and they seem lower than mine. Plus, my front seems like it sits just a little higher than my rear, Plus, ever since I lowered it I feel a nasty vibration upon hard acceleration. any ideas??????? Thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
the vibration is going to be normal nothing you can do according to a few gm engineers i know. its the axles and the play in them at the new angles, i went through my car with a fine tooth comb did everyhting under the sun and took everything apart three times and still the vibration is there. i asked if i go to a different spring would it help they said no, only if its not as low. they told me only about a 1" drop would be fine for this car, nothing "will break" but its really annoying i know what you mean finally someone says they have the same problem this drove me and still is driving me nuts!!!!!!! i think i may go to the intrax springs just to see. i put these on a customers car and got to drive it and fealt no vibration at all??? so i dont know. this just came from the horses mouth. anyone else notice this. i wonder is maybe sprint has a flaw in the newer springs??? wish i could say but the gm guys knew what i was talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
It took mine about a month to set into place and final measurement.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
do you get this vibration though
or did it go away after a while

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I cant recall a vibration.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
so no one else besides us two have fealt this on the car??? i hate the way they feel now and it was not real bad after first putting them on but man its shakes now. i am about at the end with these sprints..... gonna have to try something else but i dont want to unless i know it will help. just cant figure out what to do about this. i have went through everything with a fine tooth comb. no problems anywhere as far as setup goes. there has to be a few others that feel this cant just be us two?? let us know please thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My vibration is only upon hard acceleration. Is that the same for you? I would like to know someone with the same springs as mine and ask them how they installed them. Maybe there was something I missed in the install. I'm not perfect, at least I think I'm not. lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
No vibratoins here, but keep in mind that I didn't cut anything either.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
same here hard acceleration i cut the bumpstops because sprint said they needed to be cut to allow for full movement this will not cause this vibration i can gaurantee that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I had my 01 SC2 it had a vibration after I installed lowering springs.

I talked to serveral people and they said it was normal. some cars have it and some don't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts