Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have the sprint springs, How much did you pay for them and were did you buy them from? Can you tell me if you think it handles better than stock with the sprint springs and how does it ride?

·
Registered
416 Posts
redline24 said:
To those who have the sprint springs, How much did you pay for them and were did you buy them from? Can you tell me if you think it handles better than stock with the sprint springs and how does it ride?
look on ebay. They are like $134.95 I think. I don't have them, but everyone says the ride is a little bit more firm and it handles a little better.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
about 150 shipped rides better looks better. Install is too easy to understand.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not worried about installing them, I had a cavalier that I lowered with koni's and eibachs. I am just not sure if I wanna order from ebay or not.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I found those sprint springs on ebay...it says they are just for an ION, are those the springs everyone has or are there redline specific springs I haven't seen yet?

·
Registered
168 Posts
theres no redline specific lowering springs yet, but sprint is one of the few that will work with the regular ion and the redline

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's what I thought...thanks for confirming. As soon as I get my tax refund those springs will be on the way!! :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
redline24 said:
I am not worried about installing them, I had a cavalier that I lowered with koni's and eibachs. I am just not sure if I wanna order from ebay or not.

Check the guys feedback rating. It's really good.

I plan on buying some of these springs as soon as I have the moolah.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
can anyone show me these springs on ebay i have not been able to find a single set and i have been look like once a week

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a pretty good deal on those springs. Has anyone bought there springs from that person. For that price I might be doing springs real soon.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Anyone know the springrate of those springs and compare it to the spring rate of the stock RL?

B

·
0 Posts
korax123 said:
Anyone know the springrate of those springs and compare it to the spring rate of the stock RL?
That's what I would like to know. :confused:

You also have to consider the half shaft position angle. Too much angle can cause CV joint failure under heavy stress. I know of this happening on a Saturn RL. I don't think they were Sprints, but still.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Will the Cobalt have the same suspension design as the Red Line? If so wouldn't something apllicable follow closely, the release of the Cobalt?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Cole said:
Will the Cobalt have the same suspension design as the Red Line? If so wouldn't something apllicable follow closely, the release of the Cobalt?
i'm hoping so, i've said it before, and i'm saying it again, i'm waiting on eibach to do a full setup for our cars, and they're likely to do one for the cobalt before the redline, but i'll wait since they actually do R&D on the stuff they make.

i'd shy away from changing the springs out to something NOT designed for the Redline, especially with the way she handles now

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
thats where I bought mine from.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you had any problems with your sprint springs and have you checked the half shaft position angle? I wouldn't think it would put at that big of an angle but you never know until look.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
it seems to be at about 15 degrees now that I dropped it. On level ground Im certain there wont be any excessive wear on it at this articulation. Good point though. I have a freind going through them on his crx pretty quick becuase its a half inch off the ground.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I will be ordering them tomorrow. Time to get lowered. I think it makes a big difference between stock and lowered. How long did it take them to ship the springs to you goofyguy?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts