·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've heard yes for both.

I'm still waiting for the coil-overs from SPS, there's some kind of hold up on a core replacement from Koni. Give John an e-mail and he'll answer any of your questions.
I will also be getting the strut bar from him as well. I've already heard of someone installing this on their Redline without a problem, even though some said it could not be done.

·
Registered
609 Posts
No the eibachs cant be done. Never tried koni's, id rather only spend 100 for my springs, but thats just me. :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yeah spend about 130 on the springs and love them already.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
goofyguy said:
yeah spend about 130 on the springs and love them already.

where did you find them for 130? ebay im pretty sure, but where.....i want em.

and ive heard that the strut bar does fit.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The strut bar WILL fit. Its for the ion and our car IS an ion. I was going to buy the strut bar but then i saw the price tag, just for a strut bar..... Id rather do Engine Mods!

·
Registered
391 Posts
how come the eibachs dont work but the sprints do, seems like the same car would have the same design of spring...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
dont know but the sprints ride nice and take about 30-45 mins for all of em.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've paid 200 for a strut bar for my 240sx before. But it was straight from Japan,weighed practically nothing, and was extremely strong so the cost was justified. I hope SPS has some reason why the bar cost $200 other than the fact that it's shiney!

·
Registered
391 Posts
would you be so kind as to do a write up we could post on this site somewhere?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was told the strut bar wouldnt fit, but if you all want to buy it and tell us if it works be my guest :)

And does anyone know if thats the ONLY strut bar they sell for the ion's now? I havent seen any other ones so far.

·
Registered
391 Posts
ha SPS is in my hometown, might have to run down there to look around...

·
Registered
493 Posts
dL_RL said:
i've paid 200 for a strut bar for my 240sx before. But it was straight from Japan,weighed practically nothing, and was extremely strong so the cost was justified. I hope SPS has some reason why the bar cost $200 other than the fact that it's shiney!
Might have something to do with the fact that sps designed it, and its the only one around.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Redlinekid_04 said:
No the eibachs cant be done. Never tried koni's, id rather only spend 100 for my springs, but thats just me. :D
I'm sorry but I don't get this comment. Yeah, I'm blowing $1600 on a set of springs and where in his question did he mention anything about Eibachs?

Posted by BlackRedline04 - Yesterday at 08:49 PM
I was told the strut bar wouldnt fit, but if you all want to buy it and tell us if it works be my guest
Well now you've been told otherwise, three times.

Why bicker about the price of a strut bar when you're spending 100-130 dollars on a set of lowering springs that do less for your current handling performance than a good strut brace would?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts