Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting a bad squeak/chirp from the back seat when driving? Mine sounds like it is coming from the back passenger seat area, but we can't really pin it down. If anyone has experienced this, how did y'all fix it because it is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yes, I have that too. I think it's either the back door hinge or the hinge for the folding rear seats. Don't know of a fix but I know a few on here who have taken it to the dealer because of this same thing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the squeak. I think it is the driver's seat belt. Try pulling on it. It squeaks. I think a hamster is stuck down there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Make sure your back seats are fasten tightly. Give them a pull to see, they hold snug after the release is pulled. I had a squeak and rattle. It was the leather rubbing and the metal clasp tapping.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Guys,

This isnt exactly part of the topic.. Well sorta.. Has anyone else noticed our Clutch pedal is plastic??? I noticed this the other night while installing my boost gauge.. Weird.. I think.. Anyone know why they would do this?

Scott

·
Registered
810 Posts
i just called the dealer on this!!! wow... yeah my back drivers side seat sqeaks. i unlocked it from the trunk, like to fold it down, and not 1 sqeak. my clutch pedal makes a sqeaky noice also. and does anyone elses car pull bad when slowing down? or especially when you get on it? im taking it in this tuesday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
my brother works at a saturn dealership and said to take the car to your dealer and they will put some squick reduction tape on the rear seat latch. you didn't hear this from me but it is a tech bulletin that the dealership gets. it says its not a do it yourself and that only dealers can do. or something like that.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
GaRsNoW said:
i just called the dealer on this!!! wow... yeah my back drivers side seat sqeaks. i unlocked it from the trunk, like to fold it down, and not 1 sqeak. my clutch pedal makes a sqeaky noice also. and does anyone elses car pull bad when slowing down? or especially when you get on it? im taking it in this tuesday.

Mine doesn't pull when slowing down but it does when I really lean into the throttle in lower gears. That's just torque steer, is it not?

BTW- my clutch creaks. Not really squeaking but it does creak.

B

·
0 Posts
Man, I have both of those problems. Clutch and back seat squeaks. AND my front driver's side door squeaks and rattles down by the speaker. This is a bunch of [email protected]#$. What's next, that fricken oil leak from the cam sensor? PROBABLY. I am having a bad week, I guess.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well...Im not having the backseat problem, but I was having the clurch problem and so was my girlfirends ion 2. When she took her's in they replaced the slave cylinder (or clutch master cylinder can't remember) and on mine they said the the clutch was hitting the housing, now i havent got the paperwork yet for mine because I took it in with a grocery list of issues and my g/f took it in for me(she works right next door) so i'm not 100% positive what they did to correct mine, however I will update once i get my paperwork in the mail.

Matt

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
metalhead26 said:
my brother works at a saturn dealership and said to take the car to your dealer and they will put some squick reduction tape on the rear seat latch. you didn't hear this from me but it is a tech bulletin that the dealership gets. it says its not a do it yourself and that only dealers can do. or something like that.

I actually work at a Saturn dealership. The tape did not fix my squeak, and another one of my guys has the same problem that the tape did not fix either. If anyone comes up with a fix for this let me know. We all know how annoying this is.

As far as the clutch pedal, is it squeaking or clicking? There is a normal clicking sound when fully depressing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor because it is releasing a switch down there to allow you to start the veh. If it is squeaking when pressing, the dealership can spray some lubricant up on the pedal under the dash to correct that, just make sure that they use the right stuff and not something like WD-40. This fixed my clutch pedal squeaking for me. Good luck

·
Registered
453 Posts
I havent had the clutch problem, but my backseats do squeak. The strange thing is, it doesnt happen all the time, just randomly every once in a while, so I cant figure out whats causing it :confused:
Turning ur music up louder makes it go away ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts