Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out for a spin when I heard a terrible and loud squeal coming from the engine bay so I pulled over and opened her up and I saw white smoke rising up from the lower pulleys smelt like burning rubber and it was loud. I drove it home and let it sit overnight now it's not making that noise or anything. I gave her a "little"push when it started happening and it had just rained a lot! 2004 IRL 125k miles. Any ideas of what it could be? I'd rather get it fixed before anything major happens.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Out for a spin when I heard a terrible and loud squeal coming from the engine bay so I pulled over and opened her up and I saw white smoke rising up from the lower pulleys smelt like burning rubber and it was loud. I drove it home and let it sit overnight now it's not making that noise or anything. I gave her a "little"push when it started happening and it had just rained a lot! 2004 IRL 125k miles. Any ideas of what it could be? I'd rather get it fixed before anything major happens.

Probably your alternator is stuck or your serpentine belt is junk or has jumped off the pulleys. Start the car and be careful but check with a flashlight if all pulleys are turning. All should be spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
good to have you back hawkins

more of the original forum members should come back

so much learned from the "pioneers"

just wanted to throw that out there :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts