Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went down to the dodge dealer today...me and my friend talked them into letting me test drive it...it was nice in white...the rims sucked tho...the handling was absolutely ridiculous...it might be able to out handle the redline...i dunno, but it was nice...the car had 18 miles before i beat the shit out of it for 5 miles..nice break in huh? :D ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
redlineRACER said:
i went down to the dodge dealer today...me and my friend talked them into letting me test drive it...it was nice in white...the rims sucked tho...the handling was absolutely ridiculous...it might be able to out handle the redline...i dunno, but it was nice...the car had 18 miles before i beat the shit out of it for 5 miles..nice break in huh? :D ...
Yeah, thats what the ACR is mainly for, handling. I believe they only have 15" or 16" rims on it, for the Auto-X track.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
redlineRACER said:

The rims sucked? You are ignorant.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Aeain said:
The rims sucked? You are ignorant.
I think they look horrible. I'm assuming thats what he meant as well... I think they look funny on there...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
They may not look 'good,' but they're purpose isn't to show off and look good. They're meant to be light and strong rims to hold up well and be an advantage while racing with them (autocrossing or road courses -- NOT drag racing...). If you look at all the serious competition cars, they all don't have 'nice looking' rims. The only nice looking ones that come to mind are the gold spoked rims on STi rally cars.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm not sure that anyone was debating the usefulness of the rims were they? He said they suck.... he didn't mention anything about friction coefficients compared to stock srt rims did he? Or anything about traction, turning, handling or anything else either. Except for the fact that the handling was sick. I just dont like the way they look. I haven't seen the mad rush for everyone here to pick up a set of 16" steelies for the Redline... so I guess looks counts for something huh?

·
Registered
493 Posts
handling:
SRT-4<RedLine<SRT-4 ACR<Competition RedLine
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts