Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my first post. I am the currect owner of an 04 E-Blue srt-4. No this is not a thread of another Srt-4 member say OMGZ MY NEON IS FASTER THEN YOUR SATURN!!!!!11!!!!!ONE!!! I am actually very impressed with your cars and def think with a lil work yall will be quite a bit faster then meh.

I was doing a lil reading on your sight and am very pleased with what the Saturn RL is capable of. I love the fact that yall are very enthusiatic about the RL. I am def looking forward to running a saturn RL as it looks to be a very good race. I am in love with the Cobalt SS, love it's looks and the performance looks very nice too. I read a motor trend review Srt-4 vs Cobalt SS and it showed the 2 cars to be dead on. I think yall underestimate your cars a lil, the redline looks like it will keep REAL close to n srt-4 from a roll and posibly beat the Srt-4 from a dig.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What do you guys put to the ground? i have seen anywhere from 180 whp and 160 lbs tq to 215whp and 200 lb/tq.

2. What do you guys think of your (don know what its called) the center gauge thingy. It looks like it would be kind of a hassel to check your rpms by looken up and to your right.

3. Anyone in AZ have a RL yet? preferably Phoenix area? I would love to run a RL and get it on vid, hopefully dispell some Rl vs Srt-4 myths. I am bone stock except for a ricey mopar BOV. Drop me a PM if yah are interested.

Too Spooner: You seem a lil hot headed my man but when your not pwning someone you look like a pretty cool guy, keep up all the ricer pwnage.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Chexmixa said:
Hey all my first post. I am the currect owner of an 04 E-Blue srt-4. No this is not a thread of another Srt-4 member say OMGZ MY NEON IS FASTER THEN YOUR SATURN!!!!!11!!!!!ONE!!! I am actually very impressed with your cars and def think with a lil work yall will be quite a bit faster then meh.

I was doing a lil reading on your sight and am very pleased with what the Saturn RL is capable of. I love the fact that yall are very enthusiatic about the RL. I am def looking forward to running a saturn RL as it looks to be a very good race. I am in love with the Cobalt SS, love it's looks and the performance looks very nice too. I read a motor trend review Srt-4 vs Cobalt SS and it showed the 2 cars to be dead on. I think yall underestimate your cars a lil, the redline looks like it will keep REAL close to n srt-4 from a roll and posibly beat the Srt-4 from a dig.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What do you guys put to the ground? i have seen anywhere from 180 whp and 160 lbs tq to 215whp and 200 lb/tq.

2. What do you guys think of your (don know what its called) the center gauge thingy. It looks like it would be kind of a hassel to check your rpms by looken up and to your right.

3. Anyone in AZ have a RL yet? preferably Phoenix area? I would love to run a RL and get it on vid, hopefully dispell some Rl vs Srt-4 myths. I am bone stock except for a ricey mopar BOV. Drop me a PM if yah are interested.

Too Spooner: You seem a lil hot headed my man but when your not pwning someone you look like a pretty cool guy, keep up all the ricer pwnage.
Incredibly hot headed, that's my biggest downfall. What can I say, I'm passionate...

1.) I would say the average is right around 200 to the ground, at least in BONE stock condition. Meaning no air box hacks, no exhaust work, not even a new fileter.

2.) The center gauges take about 3 days to get used to, then it's no biggie at all. I would've liked to see the tach on the left side as you pointed out, it's a little hard to see it, but 3 months of ownership, and like you I assume, I don't need to look anymore. Just shift by the sound.

3.) We have at least someone here from AZ, not sure who, maybe I'm wrong.

Lets be honest, we're all hot headed, I just make some pretty good insults and comebacks when i need to, and people remember that more. Don't matter to me, it's all good. If anyone here met me they would understand completely, but without voice inflection and facial features, people have no idea if it's sarcasm, comedy, or if it's personal. It's never personal until someone comes in going... 'hey, man I just raced a Redline in my mom's old Geo and took it by 4 car lengths, your cars suck...' Then, I go off. If that's wrong, then I'll stay wrong.

Edited: No offense meant here either man, but I am so sick of the SRT vs. Redline thing, as I think most other peolpe are, that I just can't take it very serious anymore. Since I tried to stop yelling at everyone, there has been at least 5 more SRT people starting moronic posts. Not just SRT people, but they all have some SRT connection. It's lame. The same people that talk about how beneath them the Redline is, are the same people that spend 3 hours making fun of it on a forum.

If you're here to contribute and be civil, great, if not, please don't even bother posting. I start racing next week, and that's where my shit talking is getting done from now on. At least with the SRT boys, I know their deal, they were shit on for a few years too, that's fine, if it's our turn now, even better. It won't take long for us to put another car in our place, I prefer to be the underdog, that's why I bought a supercharged Saturn.

Welcome....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh yeah me too, I also see something like <instert ricer here> MY METRO BEAT YOU BY 13 CARS!!!! I then freak out and procede to right a lengthy post about how much he sucks at life, finish 3/4 of it and then feel like an idiot for getting so heated and delete it lol. Another thing that bothers me is i always think of something good to say like 3 days after that one person pissed me off lol. I can't wait to run a RL or cobalt SS, def wanna see how i stack against the new kids on the block. Just my luck though i will run into a highly modded RL or SS and get smoked.

My first Street race in the SRT-4 was against and Ugly Primered out Hatchback Civ who blew my doors off. I am rollen down the Street when i hear a mean sounding exhaust and a guy in a grey civ hatch. His interior is gutted but i think to myself "ricer" i toss him a rev and he tosses me one back. I then asked him to honk down, he yells back over "i don have a horn man" (that should of been my first clue 99.9% of motor swapped Civ's have no horns) I honk down and were are dead even from 40-60, i shift into 3rd and soon after so does he and he starts pulling on me like u wouldn't believe. I sat there dumbfounded. It was quite embarressing lol.

Thats just my luck though i allways find the fastest cars on the street to run purely on accident. I have got loads of storys about getten beat by some scary fast cars lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well I guess we can add you names to the likes of DatonyaGTS and such. Pretty even headded and likable. At least for now.....

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome to the board Chexmixa! Finally... an SRT owner that doesn't have an ass for a hat!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rip_vw32 said:
Well I guess we can add you names to the likes of DatonyaGTS and such. Pretty even headded and likable. At least for now.....
LOL, i have to admit at first i didn't like you guys. My ego got in the way of my thinking. I brushed all redline owners off as ricer fanboi's. Then i started doing some research. I read all i could find on the redline, read a bunch of posts, even went to the saturn dealership to see if i could score a test drive. After all the knowledge i aquired i came back to the forums and was able to sheath my ego, i realized that your cars are very nice and very formidable. After a lil more research i started to really like the Redline, and soon came to realize 99.9% of the Redline owners are down to earth car enthuiasts like meh. I also got a terrible taste in my mouth from some of the Trolling Srt-4 asshats and felt i had to at least reassure yall that not all of us are asshats lol. On top of that i want to learn more about the RL and hopefully run meh Srt-4 against some of yah. IMO its alot more fun to race someone your friends with rather then someone your having a pissing contest with lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For 11yrs I've owned Saturns....My first was a 94 SL1 bought new. My second, a 95 SL2 bought in 2003, my third, a 04 RL bought about two weeks ago. I constantly get poked at "it's a Saturn". My 94 was never in the shop, the two yrs I owned the 95...no probs what-so-ever. I took my boss on a little 2.0 s/c run the other day. He was mighty impressed. Bottom line...until you've really experienced a Saturn, you'll never understand the passion most of us have and why owners like spooner get hot-headed. I get that way too sometimes. I'm glad that you, Chexmixa, have spent a little time getting to know us than just coming out swinging. A guy I work with has an 03 or 04 SRT-4 with a stage one turbo upgrade kit on it. Nice ride! Neither one of us has nothing be respect for each other. We can all have fun and friendly compitition is healthy for any friendship....even if it is only on a forum. Peace.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
weasel_j66 said:
For 11yrs I've owned Saturns....My first was a 94 SL1 bought new. My second, a 95 SL2 bought in 2003, my third, a 04 RL bought about two weeks ago. I constantly get poked at "it's a Saturn". My 94 was never in the shop, the two yrs I owned the 95...no probs what-so-ever. I took my boss on a little 2.0 s/c run the other day. He was mighty impressed. Bottom line...until you've really experienced a Saturn, you'll never understand the passion most of us have and why owners like spooner get hot-headed. I get that way too sometimes. I'm glad that you, Chexmixa, have spent a little time getting to know us than just coming out swinging. A guy I work with has an 03 or 04 SRT-4 with a stage one turbo upgrade kit on it. Nice ride! Neither one of us has nothing be respect for each other. We can all have fun and friendly compitition is healthy for any friendship....even if it is only on a forum. Peace.
Its also annoying that people seem to think we're all 17, and our parents bought us our cars, or that we've never seen a real car before or something. Most of the people here either own other cars, I myself own a 77 Vette and a 90 Camaro, both rebuilt by me. Half the people here own some sort of much more expensive cars and bought the Redline as a daily driver or sporty ride to supplement a non-sporty car. Some are teenagers that either bought the cars themselves, since you can get one for $15,000, or their parents got one because its quite affordable and better than anything else for that money. A good portion of the people here are either mechanics or have been involved in mechanics for a good portion of their lives, and even those that might not be seem to have an above average grasp on what makes a car perform better, rather than look or sound faster.

These same people fail to recognize the facts that Saturns are actually good performing cars. My last SC2 would reguarly whup on Civics and things in that class, for a few grand less. Not to mention the success they have had in the SCCA SSC class, and the fact that the Ion Redline currently holds a Bonneville speed record, besting the previous Honda record holder by 30 mph. Of course the average Saturn dosen't perform like that, but it could.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Chexmixa said:
My first Street race in the SRT-4 was against and Ugly Primered out Hatchback Civ who blew my doors off. I am rollen down the Street when i hear a mean sounding exhaust and a guy in a grey civ hatch. His interior is gutted but i think to myself "ricer" i toss him a rev and he tosses me one back. I then asked him to honk down, he yells back over "i don have a horn man" (that should of been my first clue 99.9% of motor swapped Civ's have no horns) I honk down and were are dead even from 40-60, i shift into 3rd and soon after so does he and he starts pulling on me like u wouldn't believe. I sat there dumbfounded. It was quite embarressing lol.

Thats just my luck though i allways find the fastest cars on the street to run purely on accident. I have got loads of storys about getten beat by some scary fast cars lol.
That reminds me of this moment I had a couple years back in my old car.
92 talon tsi awd turbo putting down roughly 350hp. My best run was 12.9, anyway.. I ran into this white civic one night w/ a rollbar no back seats two front seats and him and his buddy. They are smiling at me, i'm like wtf?! Civic boys want some of my bad ass car. I rev at them at the light, they rev back. Light drops, I get them off the line by like 3 car lengths and by the time i'm mid way through 2nd I see him about 2 car lengths away . I enter 3rd and he is past me by a fender. We enter 4th and he is 3-5 car lengths away and he shut it down. That was the biggest shock of my street racing days. I found out later from someone that knew that guy that he is a Civic CX (commuter civic that weighs close to 2000lbs stock) LS/VTEC Motor and turbocharged t3/t4 hybrid @ 12psi. I'm pretty sure after he smoked me I looked like this :eek: or like this :confused: . I like getting beat by sleeper cars, even though I dont like getting beat. I dont mind if it's by a sleeper. It's like a surprise!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dL_RL said:
That reminds me of this moment I had a couple years back in my old car.
92 talon tsi awd turbo putting down roughly 350hp. My best run was 12.9, anyway.. I ran into this white civic one night w/ a rollbar no back seats two front seats and him and his buddy. They are smiling at me, i'm like wtf?! Civic boys want some of my bad ass car. I rev at them at the light, they rev back. Light drops, I get them off the line by like 3 car lengths and by the time i'm mid way through 2nd I see him about 2 car lengths away . I enter 3rd and he is past me by a fender. We enter 4th and he is 3-5 car lengths away and he shut it down. That was the biggest shock of my street racing days. I found out later from someone that knew that guy that he is a Civic CX (commuter civic that weighs close to 2000lbs stock) LS/VTEC Motor and turbocharged t3/t4 hybrid @ 12psi. I'm pretty sure after he smoked me I looked like this :eek: or like this :confused: . I like getting beat by sleeper cars, even though I dont like getting beat. I dont mind if it's by a sleeper. It's like a surprise!

Yeah i l8er found out that this guy in his primered hatch is runnen 9s all motor. apperently he is runnen a LS/v-tec. I believe it was a b18 series block and a b18c head. So tons of revving and proll 3000+ whp 1800lbs. I think he he might have a fatty shot of every riceboi's fav juice.

I also love runnen into sleepers. I even somehow maniged to runnen into a turbo firebird. that confused the heck outa me. all i can say is buslengths. this was back when i had my Scion TC so it was alot easyer to rock me. I am still waiten to run an Evo, Redline, and a cobalt ss. Then i will be complete with all the cars i wanna run. After that i can just screw around and not look for a specific race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts