Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
wow that kid in the Cobalt SS cant drive worth shit. Oh well, he will learn .

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
question is what do you have done to your car!

My bro is a monster at shifting 13.8 so far in his SRT-4 with intake and BOV
My other brother is also a monster at shifting in his SS stock (limited slip) hes never been to track but i watched em race one day my brother in SS beat him 1st 2nd and 3rd gear then SRt-4 pulled about 2 to 3 cars! but it took him a while my bro suffers from 0 wheel hop in SS, the SRT-4 has great tires which ='s wheel hop!
From a roll 30 mph the SS loses ground quick but not like that SS lost to you which means you must have stage 2 upgrade or modded some how.

I am a lil faster than my bros SS (from a fender) but from a stop he crushes me... he launches perfect, im a rookie at manual thoe :eek:

soon i will have my K & N intake and 3" exhaust setup then i will race my bro in SRT-4 again and post video ;)

good race thoe you should have showed your car in video too!

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Stages from Mopar aren't exactly as clear cut as you'd expect. There's plenty of stage 1 cars that are a lot faster than stage 2 cars. Stage 2 was more or less a stepping stone that added things necessary to make stage 3 worth buying. But stage 3 is definitely a lot faster than the others. Hope that made sense.

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
SpikemanII said:
That is painful. I have a feeling that that Skittle wasn't exactly stock. That why 17 year old kids should not be driving anything except a hugo.

Dude, the Cobalt wasn't racing.... He didn't want a ticket, he missed a gear, he had something in his eye, he had a flat tire, he ran out of gas, but he wasn't racing!

·
Registered
289 Posts
LittleMT said:
Dude, the Cobalt wasn't racing.... He didn't want a ticket, he missed a gear, he had something in his eye, he had a flat tire, he ran out of gas, but he wasn't racing!
And it was dark out. But still, Do you really think that stock vs. stock the Skittle is going to pull a football field on the RL? I am selling my RL today and buying a Lambo. I can't take this anymore! :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
can't watch it at work, what is it a staged race? why would a guy in a cobalt do that unless it's only out for a test drive for the sole purpose.

someone please describe, or i'll just watch it at home

·
Registered
112 Posts
The SRT was most likley modded. From what I have heard from various people who have raced the SS is that stock for stock the Cobalt may get a jump and stay with the SRT through 1st and 2nd gear, SS has a better gear ratio. However at 3rd gear the SRT slowy pulls away from the SS. Its gonna be a close race stock for stock. The driver with the least errors will probably win.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.