Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Srt-4

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  silver05srt4 
#1 ·
so i was cruising the highway last night, and came across a red srt-4.

i didn't want to play. i had my fiance in the car, and it freaks her out enough when i get on the freeway.

next thing you know, a z28 camaro and a mach1 pull out of nowhere and start taunting this SRT to race. the SRT didn't.

now for a minute, i thought about endangering her life, as well as my own with her screaming at me in the car. but i decided against it. as much as i like to street race in heavy traffic, i couldn't bring myself to do it.

now i know some of you might think that is the respectfull thing to do, as i'm sure the SRT was thinking as well, maybe his/her fiance was in the car as well, maybe some children. but i can't help but think that i'm less of a man for this.

i'm weak, i'm no longer a man, i don't deserve to drive. i just wish i would have endangered my fiances life for a chance to run with the big boys.

shame me, my manhood has been raped from me...

See less See more
#3 ·
too bad i cannot read your post, but i assume you said it would have kicked his own ass.

it's ok, i kicked my own ass too, now that i am no longer a man

#4 ·
Vita said:
so i was cruising the highway last night, and came across a red srt-4.

i didn't want to play. i had my fiance in the car, and it freaks her out enough when i get on the freeway.

next thing you know, a z28 camaro and a mach1 pull out of nowhere and start taunting this SRT to race. the SRT didn't.

now for a minute, i thought about endangering her life, as well as my own with her screaming at me in the car. but i decided against it. as much as i like to street race in heavy traffic, i couldn't bring myself to do it.

now i know some of you might think that is the respectfull thing to do, as i'm sure the SRT was thinking as well, maybe his/her fiance was in the car as well, maybe some children. but i can't help but think that i'm less of a man for this.

i'm weak, i'm no longer a man, i don't deserve to drive. i just wish i would have endangered my fiances life for a chance to run with the big boys.

shame me, my manhood has been raped from me...
My ex-fiance used to egg me on... My new girlfriend screams when I do a half donut around a tight U-turn :(

#6 ·
04azuremach said:
My ex-fiance used to egg me on... My new girlfriend screams when I do a half donut around a tight U-turn :(
My Wife won't even drive with me if I go over 90 MPH at any time. She makes me take her right home :)

Which is OK by me, cause if I'm driving stupid fast, I'm happy it's only me in the car.

#7 ·
04azuremach said:
it kills me since about the only time i can really open it up is on on-ramps.

just last night i was getting on, speed limit is 65 and we're pretty much on the freeway while i'm following this guy going 40 or so. i'm still in second gear at this point and as soon as i've got a clear shot, i hammer it and take 3rd out to about 80 to "get up to speed" and calm down. meanwhile she yells in my ear "you're going too fast!!!!" loud and screechy like :mad:

wouldn't be so bad if i actually kept on it, but i stopped right at 80 and popped it into 5th and she's still telling me i'm going to fast, even though the flow tends to be around 75, which she normally drives on this stretch.

i've decided i should just make the RL a one seater so she can't ever complain about my driving. maybe i'll put a fish tank where she sits :eek:

#8 ·
Nero said:
My wife is in the habit of punching my right shoulder when I am driving like an ass.

Yeah, like that's going to help...
wife: "if i punch him on the shoulder, he'll slow down for sure."

husband: "she's always trying to kill us, i swear. somebody remind me why i asked her to marry me."

#9 ·
Vita said:
it kills me since about the only time i can really open it up is on on-ramps.

just last night i was getting on, speed limit is 65 and we're pretty much on the freeway while i'm following this guy going 40 or so. i'm still in second gear at this point and as soon as i've got a clear shot, i hammer it and take 3rd out to about 80 to "get up to speed" and calm down. meanwhile she yells in my ear "you're going too fast!!!!" loud and screechy like :mad:

wouldn't be so bad if i actually kept on it, but i stopped right at 80 and popped it into 5th and she's still telling me i'm going to fast, even though the flow tends to be around 75, which she normally drives on this stretch.

i've decided i should just make the RL a one seater so she can't ever complain about my driving. maybe i'll put a fish tank where she sits :eek:
My girlfriend doesn't complain about the speeding... just whenever I race or accelerate too fast or get a little side ways.

#10 ·
04azuremach said:
My girlfriend doesn't complain about the speeding... just whenever I race or accelerate too fast or get a little side ways.
that's what did it. contrary to popular belief, the RL is pretty damn quick when suddenly gunning it at about 4k rpms up to 80 in 3rd, actually very quick. if i got to 80 quietly, she wouldn't have complained. i think it's something about going 40 and suddenly you're at 80 that makes her squirmish

#12 ·
bikeluver43 said:
My girlfriend is the same way, except she just doesn't like how her head feels like its stuck back to the seat. I just keep telling her, THATS THE FUN PART!!!
My ex-fiance left me about 3 months after I got my car. Coincidence? I don't think so. Probably one too many throttle jabs while she's trying to do her make up.

#17 ·
I have to say my wife is great about that. Every once in a while I feel like flying so i do. When I get up to somewhere around 125 she smiles a little smile and says"Ok honey thats fast enough" man i love her.

#18 ·
Hell no! my wife hates driving with me when I drive like I drive my car normally (very fast), so I have to totally changed my driving habits when I am with my wife, when I am with her I drive like an 80+ year old grandpa.

#20 ·
My wife always gets after me about my driving.

Funny thing is, I drive WAY slower and A LOT more carefully with her and/or my kids in the car.

If she saw the way I drive normally, she'd probably puke in the car too. :p

Oh, and it always seems like I meet up with all the cars that would be fun to race while my family is in the car with me. :(

#21 ·
JPK said:
Oh, and it always seems like I meet up with all the cars that would be fun to race while my family is in the car with me. :(
that's always the way it goes, isn't it?

#24 ·
matt said:
A V6 tiburoun would be a waste of your time to race anyways, they're no competition.
I seen one beat a redline twice but this tibby had a cai and exhaust.So yes they are competition.But of course u will all say its casue the redline was a bad driver.Well 0 to like 90.He beats the redline by like a car length.But after that the rl kils him.Welll like 60 to 90 i put like a bus length on his car.

#25 ·
Well, seeing as how the Redline has like 40hp more than a Tiburon, and a CAI and exhaust are not 40hp, you do the math... thats like a 250hp SRT getting beat by a stock Redline by a car length... so again, do the math...

#26 ·
Sp00ner said:
Well, seeing as how the Redline has like 40hp more than a Tiburon, and a CAI and exhaust are not 40hp, you do the math... thats like a 250hp SRT getting beat by a stock Redline by a car length... so again, do the math...
Yes i know like i said the redline flew by him at 90 mayeb he had a bad start but still tibbys are alright with a lot of mods,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.