Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday night after I got off work, I was heading north on I75, just north of Dayton, near Stanley Ave. Crusin about 70-75mph in the left hand lane. It was about 9pm, so traffic was acually very light. So, I'm toolin along when I notice a car come up behind me. He gets so close to my ass, I can't see his headlights. I glance into my sideview and notice the telltale little round headlights, I check my rearview and also notice the small slit-scoop in his hood. Light traffic + SRT-4 on ass = 3rd gear! I drop da hammer, whine up to about 5.5k and bang 4th. I check back and I've acually pulled away on him! My shit's a bone stock RL, and here I've got at least 4 cars on him, slacker! I roll up to 120, ease up, and he's back there again. By now, we're just past Needmore Rd. so, traffic's startin to get thicker. We're now back down to about 80mph, we pass a couple semis, bob n' weave stuff, still fun. I get a break in the traffic near Benchwood Dr. and I'm a little more laid back, I only drop down to 4th. I whine it out near redline, and he's maybe a car, car and a half behind. This was the fun part. Me and this clown are doin 110 down 75, just threadin the traffic great times, right. We get to the 70-75 interchange, I'm heading north, this guy heads east towards Huber Heights! No courtesy wave, not even a nod! I get no respect! Anywho, I guess he either 1.Could'nt drive the thing, or 2.He's a puss. Either way I had a good time! :D It's not everyday I run into one of those. Maybe next time I'll run into one who's serious about havin fun, no more fourplay!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
:D i too have races a srt 4 but i got mad props for a granny shifter :eek: My install tech at best buy who was puttign in my subs waited for me to come pick up my car. Halfway down road he was next to me "BOV ing" every chance he got :p
I dropped it down in 4th floored it ran with him till 110 then i shifted (grandma ) lol then he gained about 2 cars then we let off he pulled up next to me put his window down and said not bad for 200 horses and i said thanx and we went are serperate ways! :cool:

But a STR 4 would eat ya alive unless your in 4th :eek: then u can only hope to run with em because of human error!

There like both the oddballs of american design!
Redline " Its just a saturn" :rolleyes:
Srt 4 "Its just a neon" :rolleyes:

F all those imports!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
595 Posts
Man alot of people on here from dayton. Ill have to meet up with one of u guys so i can test drive a Redline finally. LOL I havent seen one in my town..wish i could get it cuz we have a big cruising scene and my car doesnt cry sleeper at all, actually it VROOOMMS it has more balls then it does..lol If i had A redline i could suprise alot of peeps here. :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh hell yeah. I'm well aware that an srt-4 would walk all over my ass. That's the odd thing, this guy simply did'nt. He hung on till about 120, then disappeared. Either he just got the thing and did'nt want to get over zealous wit da thing, or he just simply can't drive the bloody thing...I dunno? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
acouple weekends ago I was behind my friends SRT-4 getting onto the freeway, I kept up in first, when he hit second he started walking away, and then when he hit third he flat out took off ..... mind you it is a stage 2 car and he dosn't get any traction till third gear, and it is no slouch when it comes to making fast cars not look so fast anymore.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sinister redlines said:
acouple weekends ago I was behind my friends SRT-4 getting onto the freeway, I kept up in first, when he hit second he started walking away, and then when he hit third he flat out took off ..... mind you it is a stage 2 car and he dosn't get any traction till third gear, and it is no slouch when it comes to making fast cars not look so fast anymore.

Judging from your pic. you should know SRT-4's.

·
Registered
762 Posts
LoL yea there is a post in here about me racing one before beat him cause he messed up and then got beat cause I messed up, still fun no matter what :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's funny. But, was the guy driving the Srt..... racing? I want to race you I'm coming there in May. Ill try to hook up then and we'll do a race from a launch and from a roll, because I have yet to meet a Redline it'll be fun. I'm originally from Springfield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im thinking the dude in the Srt was thinking to himself: "hm im bout to roll up on a redline and smoke his ass" Well you start to push back and he prolly get a little nervous. Youre lucky, i dont meet too many Srt owners who dont know how to push their cars. But yea i bet that shit was fun, iv done that with a WRX, one of the best times iv had, but he was actually trying to keep up, haha. Keep enjoying your car, i like those things, nice lookin cars. Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts