Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Now this is damn funny..... hell if someone was not making fun of them then there would be nothing for SRT owners to talk about.. ( that was believable anyway )

Mark

·
Registered
158 Posts
actually, if you want to get technical, the word "neon" is no where on the car, or any of the booklets that come with the car. so 'technically' it is an SRT-4 by name. but it is derived from the neon, so its a toss up. i just call it a neon so people dont give me a weird ass look when i tell them what i drive.

as for the mustang gt's? a stock srt cant hang...period. can they take a modded v6 stang? of course. ive done it quite a bit. and i doubt a redline could ;)

"Now this is damn funny..... hell if someone was not making fun of them then there would be nothing for SRT owners to talk about.. ( that was believable anyway )"

and here i thought the redline people were cool. i can recall not being a dick or anything to any of you, and you act like all of the srt owners are wild kids saying our car roxxorz you, and that you suxxorz. im not like that at all, and i think its BS that you can just generalize the entire car group of srt's into one biased ass idea.

granted, quite a bit of them are full of crap, and some ARE asshats. but not all of us.

on a side note, i call BS on the van beating the srt....the srt wasnt racing ;) :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
I always laugh when someone puts that much time, money, and effort into making his car 500hp and than having it blow up on the track after a lot of passes. No matter what make it is......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Keebler said:
actually, if you want to get technical, the word "neon" is no where on the car, or any of the booklets that come with the car. so 'technically' it is an SRT-4 by name. but it is derived from the neon, so its a toss up. i just call it a neon so people dont give me a weird ass look when i tell them what i drive.

as for the mustang gt's? a stock srt cant hang...period. can they take a modded v6 stang? of course. ive done it quite a bit. and i doubt a redline could ;)

"Now this is damn funny..... hell if someone was not making fun of them then there would be nothing for SRT owners to talk about.. ( that was believable anyway )"

and here i thought the redline people were cool. i can recall not being a dick or anything to any of you, and you act like all of the srt owners are wild kids saying our car roxxorz you, and that you suxxorz. im not like that at all, and i think its BS that you can just generalize the entire car group of srt's into one biased ass idea.

granted, quite a bit of them are full of crap, and some ARE asshats. but not all of us.

on a side note, i call BS on the van beating the srt....the srt wasnt racing ;) :D
We didn't make the video!!

·
Banned
189 Posts
Keebler said:

Are u serious if u can beat a stock or modded gt u cant drive.Hell i can even see a redline beating one

And that van in the video would beat any redline on here.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
very nice. .

·
Registered
679 Posts
that van has twin turbo set up voyager it has taleast 500hp it beats ls1 cammy's w/ huge bolt ons. Its pretty funny. But hey everyone has an opinion

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Actually our engines can handle a lot more power than what people give them credit for. I am not sure of the power limit of our stock engine but I thought I read it somewhere that almost everything is good till like 500 or so except a gasket that after 450 needs to be change. I could be wrong though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's very close to the SRTs... the Ecotec build book only states that the stock rods have been tested to 300hp, says nothing about where they fail though... It's kinda confusing to read through it and determine the specifics of the LSJ in there...

·
Registered
221 Posts
blu4door said:
I always laugh when someone puts that much time, money, and effort into making his car 500hp and than having it blow up on the track after a lot of passes. No matter what make it is......... :rolleyes:
steve anderson, the driver and owner of that "neon", was putting out 500+whp, before anyone else was even close to that. He was willing to
grenade his motor to find out the limits of the stock block. He actually
had a spark plug shatter, and that's what sent the piston threw the block.
you should find a video of his car now. ;)

oh, and repost, that vid is over a year old. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
either way pal, it's still funny as shit. I saw the video on streetfire and thought a couple redliners would get a kick out of it.

It's not a shot from the redline owners so relax. It seems as though its a video made by the cobra owners cuz they were tired of seeing srt4 owners thinking they had "a superior drag car."

just laugh about it cuz that's what we are all doing. even some previous srt owners are laughing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sp00ner said:
It's very close to the SRTs... the Ecotec build book only states that the stock rods have been tested to 300hp, says nothing about where they fail though... It's kinda confusing to read through it and determine the specifics of the LSJ in there...
I heard the stock LSJ engine was tested by GM to 563 whp before it nuked.

I don't have the exact link to where though. I hate not being able to support what I found a few months ago :(

1 - 20 of 159 Posts