Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
umm I only saw tail-lights, not very conclusive. Also it might not be a good idea to post a kill in here from an SRT-4 against a buick. hehe :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
01BlkRegal said:
Since u guys are such big SRT fans ;) i thought i would post this SRT kill 4 you guys to see. Both the Regal and SRT are modded slightly. BTW this isn't my Regal. Oh yeah the SRT was spiking about 20psi's too..... :p
On to the clip!

http://www.maximumcars.net/Videos/members/team%20videos/4-1-05/MikevsJeremy.wmv
Those regals make nice sleepers. Who'd expect to get beaten by a 4-door luxury car.

BTW: After watching that video, I now know what it looks like when you drive drunk... :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jpapa said:
Look at the date on the video, I'm sure it's an april fools joke.
Why a joke since its a Buick? ;) Sorry man no joke. :)

Redline racer a Buick Regal GS,GSE or GSX is basically the same exact car as a Grand Prix GTP. 240hp and 280ftlbs stock. The Regal guy had some exhaust work,3.4" blower pulley,fenderwell intake,PCM,PEM's and the little supporting mods and the SRT guy was running a stage 1 setup with a boost contoller set at like 20 psi's.
Just wanted to post the clip since you guys and the SRT guys seem to be at eachothers throats all the time :D Thought a 13 second 4 door grandpa car beating a sport compact icon would make you guys feel better. I have the same mods the guy in the video does on my Regal so i have been waiting for an SRT kill myself. :cool:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
01BlkRegal said:

Redline racer a Buick Regal GS,GSE or GSX is basically the same exact car as a Grand Prix GTP. 240hp and 280ftlbs stock. The Regal guy had some exhaust work,3.4" blower pulley,fenderwell intake,PCM,PEM's and the little supporting mods and the SRT guy was running a stage 1 setup with a boost contoller set at like 20 psi's.
Just wanted to post the clip since you guys and the SRT guys seem to be at eachothers throats all the time :D Thought a 13 second 4 door grandpa car beating a sport compact icon would make you guys feel better. I have the same mods the guy in the video does on my Regal so i have been waiting for an SRT kill myself. :cool:
I really like those Regals, tried to talk my parents into getting one, but they choose the SUV thingy, the uh... Rendevous. They have a nice, thick, older muscle car build to them.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That was like a 2000ish supercharged Regal. Same as the last gen GranPrixs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright, that makes more sense...but I wouldn't expect a supercharged regal to win . Can they really get down to the 13's? I have never seen any that could...but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BadCompany said:
Alright, that makes more sense...but I wouldn't expect a supercharged regal to win . Can they really get down to the 13's? I have never seen any that could...but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.
That's just because no one buys one and mods the hell outta it! We've all heard/seen some real fast GranPrixs and it's the exact same car. I have no doubt that one can get into the 13's. The last Buick Grand National, which is what the Gps and the Buicks are loosely based off of, was a monster.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting into the 13's will only usually take under $500 worth of mods. ;)
A Regal GS is the same thing as a GTP.....a Regal weighs more than a 2 door GTP but also weighs less than a 4door GTP so there are no major weights disadvantages. My Regal ran a 14.7 bone stock and now i have 3.4" pulley,fenderwell intake,ubend&res delete,2 heat ranges colder plugs,180* tstat,hot ground kit(whoopty do) and some good sticky tires. 13's are almost here. :cool: Was gonna get a GTP but i thought a Regal would make a much better sleeper. Take a look at some of the other people on regalgs.org and there are alot of them in the 12's also and a few in the 11's. 13's are no trouble for the Regal especially if one learns how to launch all the torque :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
01BlkRegal said:

As a previous owner of a m90'd w body... I would have to say either that SRT driver can't drive his car or you dont have a complete list of his mods..... or the SRT driver isn't modded at all. With a 3.4 pulley and supporting mods a m90'd Wbod would be a match for a stock SRT, not one with Stage I and the boost cranked up.

I lvoe those regals. A guy in the local GP club has one thats a total sleeper... probably runs 12's with all of his mods. He pissed off quite a few mustang owners at the track.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's just because no one buys one and mods the hell outta it! We've all heard/seen some real fast GranPrixs and it's the exact same car. I have no doubt that one can get into the 13's. The last Buick Grand National, which is what the Gps and the Buicks are loosely based off of, was a monster.
Loosely, as in they happen to have the same name. Big difference between those Turbo T's and GN's and that GS (or whatever it was.)
I am however surprised, I didn't think they could run like that...but I'll take an '86 or 87 any day of the week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the SRT can nevaaar lose man!!! Anything can happen on the street weather conditions weren't favorable for the SRT of he can't drive a win is a win no matter what comes into play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 98 Regal GS and it runs high 12's here are my mods: CAI with S&B Big Mouth Power Filter, Custom Tuned PCM, Intense MPS 2.9" pulley, 180 stat, TOG 3" downpipe, 3" custom exhaust with DynoMax Super Turbo muffler, SLP 1.8 Roller Rockers, ZZP Stage 2 HVTB, TOG headers, Polly Motor mounts, Throttlebody Spacer, ZZP alt and Water Pump Underdrive pulleys. ZZP SS I/C, 42.5# Injectors. there are people running low 11's in regals and low 10's in Grand Prixs. there is even a N/A Grand Prix that runs high 12's.

·
Registered
150 Posts
IMO, the Regal GS's are THE ultimate sleepers! I plan on getting one as my DD after college (while my g/f goes with either a Sky or IRL for her "fun" car, hehe. It'll be some fun races.) But yes, NO ONE expects to have these Gramps-mobiles hang with them, let alone beat them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
SRT_Slows, We Need More RL Kills On This Section:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts