Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im sure you've all heard the cobalt ss prototype catback system.....well i dont really need the horsepower...im just looking for a sub-150 dollar way to get that sound....any suggestions....will a simple magnaflow muffler do the trick?

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
it should or try a borla they tend to be a little deeper and just a little louder. also you can try a greddy sp2 muffler these are made for quite sound but they are very deep sounding. "sound tested to below 95db" i know it is a japanese part but honestly they sound awsome i am the same way you are i want nothing like that exhaust we all heard. i want something mellow but still deep when i get on it. i may just be buying the greddy to use with the larger pipe we are putting on. i have used thier mufflers many times and they sound awsome. the magnaflows are ok i think i just personally think the sound "ok" and sometimes we have even had them be quiter than the stock exhaust on more than a few cars. and i am not a big fan. i would rather buy a borla myself between the two. i just put one on my cousins scion tc (an axle back setup) and it sounds really good. but i think the greddy sounds even better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice man...im lookin at the borla's right now....which of these do u think would sound most like that cobalt ss vid?

·
Registered
103 Posts
did anyone evr go to that turbine muffler website? they sound pretty good on that cars and you don't have to repack the muffler so thats a good thing right ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ill look into it bros...

·
Registered
307 Posts
fenderdan412 said:
thanks ill look into it bros...
click on the 2 top link's below to hear and see Magnaflows on my Redline

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Goodness! BARRY has risen from the dead!! Nice to hear from you!again. You were sorely missed!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
man barry that s/c is nasty soundin lol. any who what is your exhaust made of (piping, muffler, cat-back, resonater you know) you can pm the info to me if yeah want to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts