Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swaped over the Cobalt SS turbo Brembo brakes on their car? It seems like it is possible to do, but I'd like to know what all is really needed to do this. I wouldn't mind swapping over but with the cost of getting the parts from the dealer it maybe better to go with a copmplete aftermarket upgrade kit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Has anyone swaped over the Cobalt SS turbo Brembo brakes on their car? It seems like it is possible to do, but I'd like to know what all is really needed to do this. I wouldn't mind swapping over but with the cost of getting the parts from the dealer it maybe better to go with a copmplete aftermarket upgrade kit.
I'm pretty sure after looking at an 09 css, I'd be amazed if the calipers fit under the stock 17's.....lol

plus we can get just as good with the aftermarket baer's....

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
no, the rotors wouldn't fit behind the rims... we have trouble finding rims that will clear the rotors, which royally blows a lot of donkey dick

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I am almost sure the TC Brembo's fit under the RL wheels. That is what I have read elsewhere....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure after looking at an 09 css, I'd be amazed if the calipers fit under the stock 17's.....lol

plus we can get just as good with the aftermarket baer's....
From what I have seen I am sure the 17s will work. The only thing may be the distance from back of the wheel face and the caliper. Wheel spacers could take care of that as long as there ins't too much of an offset difference between our wheels and the SS TC

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
these fit on a stock rl rim? nfw! i do know the minimum rim size must be a 17, but other than that, i'm clueless....

i've had my factory rotors replaced under warranty @ 5k miles, and now at 13k miles my rear rotors are being replaced under warranty... i've never seen/felt worse rotors in my life until i felt the front and back of my rears... they are soo horrible, the grooves go in so deep, i wouldn't even be able to turn them

·
Registered
194 Posts
with a good deal around $1000 or just a hair cheaper

Hm-m-m-m, the Brembos for around $1000, Gravana's Baer's for $899 (requires a bigger rotor), Gravana's SSBC for $829 (requires a bigger rotor), or the DDMWorks Calipers for $595 (uses stock rotors - tested with stock Redline rims) -- hm-m-m-m, I wonder which makes sense...

For research references and facts: http://www.outlawdiscbrakes.com/anonymous/support/stock_car_racing_oct_03.pdf

http://www.outlawdiscbrakes.com/downloads/info.doc

Pegasus - Keyword Search

·
Registered
245 Posts
bang for the buck OTTP hardcore rotor swap is the best\most worth the money u can get..... idk price yet, but look on CSS for info

or talk to Qwik

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
bang for the buck OTTP hardcore rotor swap is the best\most worth the money u can get..... idk price yet, but look on CSS for info

or talk to Qwik
I'm sorry but that statement is hilarious. You say it's the "best bang for the buck" yet you don't know the price. Bravo, really, bravo

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know some people at a few dealers so I can get a discount on GM parts. So in the end it may be cheaper than a SSBC swap. Does anyone happen to know the parts needed to convert over?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm sorry but that statement is hilarious. You say it's the "best bang for the buck" yet you don't know the price. Bravo, really, bravo
i kinda know a ball park price, but the price is being released officially in a few weeks......thats why i said look on CSS for info. Again if u r looking for stopping power not bling u cant beat theses for the buck

·
Registered
196 Posts
i kinda know a ball park price, but the price is being released officially in a few weeks......thats why i said look on CSS for info. Again if u r looking for stopping power not bling u cant beat theses for the buck
i'd love to know how ottp's rotor swap is better then say the 4 or 5 other company's rotors made for our cars. (including GM)

i'm sorry, but unless the rotor gets bigger and squeezes itself against the caliper evenly on both sides and then magically stops your car with a gust of wind, i don't see how it gonna provide more stopping power than a 4 piston caliper.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The reasoning is more leverage and less weight. There are is already a lengthy argument on .net about this. Worth a read IMO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts