Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's a kit for the 2.2 Ecotec, I've actually emailed these people a few weeks ago, and they responded positively. I'm not sure how far to go with that, but they have been making parts for these engines for quite a while. I was going to email them again in a few more weeks and see what is going on there. Did you happen to email them again? They asked me for a few details about the car, engine, displacement, supercharger size, etc... Another company I contacted about this car that SAID they were interested in the Ion/Cobalt was Lingenfelter Engineering in Indiana.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
272 Posts
for us?

are those stage upgrades going to be available for the ion redlines? stage 1 is only 10 more hp? if so how much will these upgrades cost and what do they do?

·
Registered
674 Posts
redlineRACER said:
are those stage upgrades going to be available for the ion redlines? stage 1 is only 10 more hp? if so how much will these upgrades cost and what do they do?
I am guessing when they say stages they are refering to the supercharger kit stages for the 2.2. I don't think anything sold there is going to pretain to our cars. Especially when they are stating:

The Stage One conversion offering about 210/215 bhp has passed TUV approval and is finalised.
We are pretty much there or a little bit more for hp allready if they are rating that at the ground. I would be intrested to see what they are doing for fuel system set up though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sp00ner said:
Did you happen to email them again? They asked me for a few details about the car, engine, displacement, supercharger size, etc... Another company I contacted about this car that SAID they were interested in the Ion/Cobalt was Lingenfelter Engineering in Indiana.
I did email them, they have yet to contact me back, but as soon as they do i will let you know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Saveferris said:
Something interesting that i ran across, sorry if this as already been posted.

Stage 2

This Stage two Kit supercharger conversion was made in Germany.
Hitec did this two months ago.

The Opel Speedster with the supercharged 2.2 Eco produces 240HP at the crank.
The cost for the stage two kit in Germany is about 10000Dollars, but it includes the complete work.
Thats the reason why I still try to get a complete Redline engine.

If you understand german you can read everything here

http://forum.opel-speedster-club.de/index.php?showtopic=4888&hl=hitec kompressor&st=45

The stage 1 Kit (+10HP) is only a software tuning.
They rise the top rpm to 7300 and change ignition and fuel parameters.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dominik said:
The stage 1 Kit (+10HP) is only a software tuning.
They rise the top rpm to 7300 and change ignition and fuel parameters.
If they cracked the ECU, the software upgrade would probably give us more than +10 HP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Celticshadow said:
If they cracked the ECU, the software upgrade would probably give us more than +10 HP

They only cracked the software from the 2.2 ecotec.
The 2.0Supercharged engine is only sold in USA.

They build up the 2.2 supeercharged engine with a piggypack for the ECU.
They use aditional fuel injectors to keep the engine under a save condition.
Not the best solution but it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts