Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Adding the staged kit itself will not void the warranty.

Say if one of the injectors from the kit goes bad and leans out a cylinder, then blows a hole in the piston? Would GM honor the warranty, who knows?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I was told by GM to try 87 and see if that fixed the problems my '04 was having...!

But, on topic, I don't think it would void you, but dealers seem to see things differently from location to location. I really wish there would be some kind of guidelines released pertaining to these kits...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
matt said:
Saturn says you can use 87 octane in these cars.
Yea and you can use waste oil in your engine also, for while..:) The last time I was at one of the Saturn dealerships they were saying 87 was ok and I told the salecritter that 87 was OK for the car to run like shit....

Mark

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Kirtsky said:
I was told by GM to try 87 and see if that fixed the problems my '04 was having...!

But, on topic, I don't think it would void you, but dealers seem to see things differently from location to location. I really wish there would be some kind of guidelines released pertaining to these kits...
The dealer can say whatever he wants, page 260 of the 2006 GMPP catalog says it all. I have no idea why I am answering this here, this has been beat to death in other threads.......

Mark

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Dallas said:
HAHA! You guys are funny!
Well that just made my ignore list...

Mark

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
mailmars said:
Yea and you can use waste oil in your engine also, for while..:) The last time I was at one of the Saturn dealerships they were saying 87 was ok and I told the salecritter that 87 was OK for the car to run like shit....

Mark
If you drive like a grandma it's OK. I know people who have used 87 in theirs and it seemed ok, but then again they put-put around. I don't use anything less than 93.

Anyways back on topic. I'm curious as to wheter GM/Saturn will perform warranty work if the malfunction was to be cuased from the staged kits. That's the only thing that's really keeping me from getting a staged kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts