Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2005 , with 115k on it. As for suspension I have replaced control arms tie rod ends and strut assemblies and sway bar bushings. Every thing tightened down as far as i can tell. Had an alignment done today and it was off 2 degrees and the right rear is still off at .83. They said they didnt notice anything while doing alignment. Is it possible the cv shaft could be making this noise every time i hit a bump? My inquiries thus far seems to be pounting there....

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Did you replace the end links as well?
And did you use quick struts? Or replace the strut and top hats?

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Only other thing could be the wrong size sway bar bushings.
Well, did you torque the subframe bolts when doing control arms? Ive personally seen it happen twice. But ive spoken to a few people that ran into not tightening the rear bolts enough.
But it could be the shaft. The intermediate shaft on the passenger side may of work down inside the axle.
As far as the rear being slightly off, only thing back there is the torsion beam bushings

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only other thing could be the wrong size sway bar bushings.
Well, did you torque the subframe bolts when doing control arms? Ive personally seen it happen twice. But ive spoken to a few people that ran into not tightening the rear bolts enough.
But it could be the shaft. The intermediate shaft on the passenger side may of work down inside the axle.
As far as the rear being slightly off, only thing back there is the torsion beam bushings
Hmm..yeah im 95% sure the sway bushings are correct. I didnt use a torque wrench on anything but it is all definately tight. Dif have to pry the rear bolts out on control arms so i thought maybe that gap got wider so i jacked the car up a bit with jack on that section to close the gap a little, to no avail. Pushing down on the right front side of car while parked does make that sound come out. Very hard to pinpoint location tho. When looking while doing that it looks like end links are popping a little in unison to noise, but....on tight.

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
You may need to get down and put your ear to it while someone else slowly pushes down.
Or maybe the sway bar bushing isn't seated all the way in the slot causing thr slight pop?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe....maybe. Will know more soon and follow up. Replacing cv shaft tonight. Hope we can do it without throwing car out of alignment

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
🙄swaybar end link. Tightened up and...bam. Noise gone. Thought to check all bolts before we did anything else. My stepson is a god sent help through all this. I won the family lotto.

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Ahh good to see you figured it out. At least it was a simple fix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts