Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished making my pod fit on the steering column. What do you guys think? Now looks like I need to decide on which boost gauge to buy. Also has anyone found paint to mach our dash. The pod is pretty close but not close enough for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
looks real good, good luck on finishing it man.

get an autometer phantom boost gauge....they are the closest to our stock gauges, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
what pod is that where did you order it from any info great thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zfactor said:
what pod is that where did you order it from any info great thanks!!!
Its a secret. OK, maybe not I stumbled across it on Ebay and figured I would give it a shot to see if it would work. Here is a link to the same one:

POD

I took the column cover off and took my time with my dremel so I could round off the bottom of the pod. It took a while but turned out perfect. The color is off by a little bit, the pod is black but the column is a charcoal color. Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think that looks awesome. Do you think there is enough room to mount a shift light on the bottom to the left or right to the gauge cut out?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure, the POD is pretty small. I dont know much about shift lights so its hard for me to guess.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Not sure, the POD is pretty small. I dont know much about shift lights so its hard for me to guess.
Is there room at the bottom to cut a 3/4" hole?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
max_boost said:
Is there room at the bottom to cut a 3/4" hole?

No, its pretty snug. The POD is not that big. Once I get the guage in a couple days I will post some pictures with the gauge in it. The only thing I cant decide is how to attach the POD to the column. I really dont want screws sitting there looking tacky. I need to look around and see if I can find some kind of rivets. Something that wont look bad on the column.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
what about just the same type of plastic screw/push clips that they use on interiors. any auto parts store sells them and they are black plastic.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That may just work. I will have to stop and see what I can come up with. I am just trying to keep it looking stock. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I like it, I need to make up my mind if I am gonna do something like this or mold an a pillar pod. It just seems like it would be easier to keep track of the steering wheel mounted one.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
clownhair said:
I like it, I need to make up my mind if I am gonna do something like this or mold an a pillar pod. It just seems like it would be easier to keep track of the steering wheel mounted one.
If you want one for the a pillar let me know. I have one from the 1st gen DSM that is new in the box. This is the one that most closly fits our car. PM me if you are interested. It is a single gauge pod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts