Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who had an aftermarket stereo in thier cars. I having the hardest time finding the correct wiring harness for this SOB. Give a man a part #

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Panasonic stereo in mine. Bought it from Crutchfield. Package included the radio, wiring harness adapter, bezel and complete instructions. Was a no brainer to install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a sony xplode head unit in my redline, for me it was a pain trying to get the correct harness. I ended up taking the factory radio inside the retailer. come to find out the adapter to an 04 malibu is what it takes. hope this helps .

:D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you have the advance audio?

·
Registered
44 Posts
no just the stock single disc cd player

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks I will look into it tomorrow morning.

was it metra or scoche

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought a wiring harness a while ago but never got around to puttting my cd player in come to find out the harness changed for the 2004 ion so i ended up buying the wrong one. the part number for the 2004 ion is 70-2103. can't remember if it was metra or sochse and i'm too lazy to go look :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Harness

I ordered one offa CarDomain, they sent me Scosche GM04B which was wrong for my 2004 Redline. I then ordered Scosche GM10B offa buy.com which works a treat.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Whats the damn flat head, steel braided line that was plugged into the stock head unit??? Cause, i got power, i got bass, but I dont have my mids and highs.. i dont get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The steel braided line is an earth unless I'm much much mistaken.

Do you have the Advanced audio? I just had the stock. I reckon if you've the Advanced kit you might have different wiring to me. Bascially I took the harness from my old saturn which was all labelled and rewired it with the new one matching up the appropriate wires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I only connected the red to the 12V in on the head unit. Don't connect 12V (red) to the remote 'cos that'll be on all the time then.

The remote out (which I think is the white/blue) connects to the remote on the sub ... actually I put mine thru a relay so that it's not drawing current from the head unit.

Can you wait until tomorrow? I could take some pictures then....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont have the advance audio. The 10gm sounds like the one I wanted. i will order it tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds like yours is the same as mine, the 04B was way, way off ... wires in places that there were no wires on the factory plug etc...As soon as I offered up the GM10B it just looked exactly right. It was easy from there on in. Buy.com was the cheapest and it came 2 days later.

Sucks though that there's zero information about this anywhere. I suppose Crutchfield would've been helpful but even their site doesn't have the correct plug listed.

Sorry I couldn't help more but I'm at work and cannot get to the car until tomorrow....if you do want pictures then let me know as I can arrange that.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well whats strange is that all the wires, are there.. Thats why im banging my head, theres no reason its not working. Something tells me, im just not getting my amp power..

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I went to circuit city a few months ago bought everything and then got home and went to work. I soldered all the wires pro like heat shrink wrap on all the wires ya know. Spent all that time then no way does it fit in the Damn car. I called today for the part to see if they had the right one now. The guys like yeah we have the one its for Saturns 02 and up. I was like noooo he said its the one. Then I called him worthless to the audio community and hung up. Then I came on here after searching and found the GM10B model and you posted the same number. I just ordered because you said the exact #. Thanks a million.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts