Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising home from work, doing about 75 duckin through traffic. Not even looking for a race, I ended up behind an STI. Before I was completely in the lane behind him, he got on it. As soon as I heard his exhaust, I dropped her into 3rd. He pulled on me for a bit and then let off. A little later, he was In the left lane and I was in the center, so I got to the right to pass a car and we both hit it. I was actuall gaining from about 75 to 90 and then he started pulling slowly till we let off around 120. I caught up and gave him the thumbs up and that was it. I think he only dropped down to 4th though, cause he never pulled too hard. Or maybe I just had too high of expectations for the STI. Either way, it was fun.

·
Registered
182 Posts
KBJ said:
I was cruising home from work, doing about 75 duckin through traffic. Not even looking for a race, I ended up behind an STI. Before I was completely in the lane behind him, he got on it. As soon as I heard his exhaust, I dropped her into 3rd. He pulled on me for a bit and then let off. A little later, he was In the left lane and I was in the center, so I got to the right to pass a car and we both hit it. I was actuall gaining from about 75 to 90 and then he started pulling slowly till we let off around 120. I caught up and gave him the thumbs up and that was it. I think he only dropped down to 4th though, cause he never pulled too hard. Or maybe I just had too high of expectations for the STI. Either way, it was fun.
Any AWD car is going to be weak for it's HP rating from a roll.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
04azuremach said:
Any AWD car is going to be weak for it's HP rating from a roll.
Precisely. If you raced him from a standing start, he'd have walked on you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
STI owner, probably getting ready to being his trolling regime. Yes yes, we know, the poor pitiful saturn redline could never hope to acheive the greatness of the STI. Now go away.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, following the guidelines thus far... next should be an insult, fairly random and most likely of poor quality.. yawn... next.... :rolleyes:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Nah, he's not going anywhere... he's just redirecting his efforts... :D

I did a big edit of that....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
KBJ said:

OH GOD! Look how he said he owned that STI! Perhaps our friend has missed the fact that by the driver of the Redline's own account, he never claimed anything beyond the fact that the STI was ahead of him and pulling at all times. Except for possibly the 75-90 range. OH YEAH! You better put this guy in his place! What a crazy claim!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You know, for the past 2 months I've been trying to talk my wife out of a redline and into an STi. But after hanging out here for a few weeks I've realized something... Saturn people are waaaaaay less stuck up!

Josh

·
Registered
361 Posts
purplesl2 said:
You know, for the past 2 months I've been trying to talk my wife out of a redline and into an STi. But after hanging out here for a few weeks I've realized something... Saturn people are waaaaaay less stuck up!

Josh
That's because we're the equivalent of the "fat kid/geek/dork/kid with no friends" in the playground. We're used to being laughed at and we take it in stride. But when the "fat kid/geek/dork/kid with no friends" gets in good shape and steps up to the plate, the "playground king" gets all defensive and says it isn't fair and makes up some ridiculous reason. I would know. I own an SC2. I'm used to getting laughed at. The pompous jerks aren't worth the time and effort usually.

·
Registered
155 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
That's because we're the equivalent of the "fat kid/geek/dork/kid with no friends" in the playground. We're used to being laughed at and we take it in stride. But when the "fat kid/geek/dork/kid with no friends" gets in good shape and steps up to the plate, the "playground king" gets all defensive and says it isn't fair and makes up some ridiculous reason. I would know. I own an SC2. I'm used to getting laughed at. The pompous jerks aren't worth the time and effort usually.
Haha, that is exactly right! I have my SL and I get alot of "it's a saturn" stuff. The people at the saturn dealership love when i pull in though! I always get "where did you get that kit?" and "Wow that is LOW!" It's great though when you pull into wal mart or something and there are a bunch of ricers hanging out in the parking lot. they hear my car and start pointing. I pull into the parking spot and lay it out and watch their jaws drop! It's great! I don't think I ever get out of my SL without a grin on my face! :)

josh

Josh

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
That has to be as good of an explanation for our car's demographics that words can describe. Nice job man.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Theres no way he gave it its all. He MAY have dropped it in fourth...or left it in 5th. Sorry but theres no way a RL will keep up with an STi. Even if it was from a roll, it doesnt matter. Sorry im not sticking up for the RL, but c'mon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The story is not to hard to believe. Trap speeds for an STI are about 105, give or take. I'm new to the forum and ive seen trap speeds for the RL around 98....not that big of a difference compared to the STI. On zee highway its trap speeds that matter zee most!!!

On another note, im not quite sure how RL's hang with Srt-4's, but I do know that Srt-4's are faster than STI's from a roll....just something to think about.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.