Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving down Jefferson ave in gross point when I see a blue STI in my rearview. He pulls up next to me at the next red light and gives me the look. He rolled his wimdow down so I do he same. He says "you wanna have a go" so I reply "I'll give it a shot but your gonna smoke me." He just kinda shrugged his sholders and rolled his window up.

When the light turned green I got a good launch and started pulling consistently. By the time we hit 75 I was about three cars ahead. It was kinda like that except for the exact oppisit. I got my ass beat. The guy had a fast car and he knew how to drive it. That can be rare in these parts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's a great line...

When the light turned green I got a good launch and started pulling consistently. By the time we hit 75 I was about three cars ahead. It was kinda like that except for the exact oppisit. I got my ass beat.
I was SCREAMING bs in my head till here, then it was damn funny.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Very fast freakin' cars man. You should have told him you'd race him from about a 40 mph roll. Would have been a much better race.

It's easy to launch an AWD. Hell, you can probably rev that damn thing to about 5 grand and launch like a damn rocket with little or no spin.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JPK said:
Very fast freakin' cars man. You should have told him you'd race him from about a 40 mph roll. Would have been a much better race.

It's easy to launch an AWD. Hell, you can probably rev that damn thing to about 5 grand and launch like a damn rocket with little or no spin.
Judging from the exhaust sound, he launched between 2500 and 3000. It was fun to watch but not from behind. :( Thats all right when I sell my car and buy my new GTR-Z Twin turbo I'll kill every STI I can find. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
i raced a black sti about a month or two ago..he was new at his car so he didnt know how to drive that well at least thats what he told me..anyway we had been doing flybyes on each other until we meet at a red light..we both look over and decide what the hell...it turns green and we both take off..i get a pretty bad launch, but not horrible...we take off and were extremely close!..im thinking damn...then he gets about 1/2 car and his turbo kicks in..and he gets about 1 1/2 car lead on me...but then he misses a gear and i end up beating him by about 1/4 car. the guy was cool and he said is that turbo?..and i said no supercharger..he was like wow, nice..i said thanks and i had to get gas so we gave each other thumbs up and satisfied with the race. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts