1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It's nice to see even more aftermarket stuff, especially stuff that's coming for all-around tuning instead of just in a straight line. However, aren't the stock brakes on Redlines fairly strong? Liiiiike, strong enough to not really require an upgrade?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, the stock brakes are great - these rotors are cadmium and drilled - just adds looks, perhaps takes off a smidgen of stopping distance.

Cadmium (gold) rotors, with painted calipers looks incredible - I didn't believe it until we did the deal on my son's Nissan 240SX - he has cadmium Brembo rotors, red powder-coated calipers, and gunmetal wheels - he gets stopped every day by people commenting about the look.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Sure, the stock brakes are great - these rotors are cadmium and drilled - just adds looks, perhaps takes off a smidgen of stopping distance.

Cadmium (gold) rotors, with painted calipers looks incredible - I didn't believe it until we did the deal on my son's Nissan 240SX - he has cadmium Brembo rotors, red powder-coated calipers, and gunmetal wheels - he gets stopped every day by people commenting about the look.
that same combo would be sexy as hell on a black redline, and to top it off they serve function, which is what it's all about.

might have to look into these. maybe someone should try and set up a group buy on them?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That is AWESOME! Did you happen to find any other stats on them? Size? I see that they're slotted and not cross drilled, kinda suck 'cause you can't turn those. I'd buy them anyway, and trust their name to last long enough to be worth it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I just looked at some more pictures, they're both slotted AND drilled. Slotted are nice, but once they're slightly warped, that's the end of them. You can't turn them, and $200 everytime you need new rotors is REAL expensive. I try to turn them every time I change the pads. I had PowerSlot rotors on my SC2, and they worked great, but when I needed new pads, and went to get the rotors turned....

The ones that are just cross-drilled can be turned down to the chamfer around the hole... I'd prefer slotted ones too, since I live somewhere with a real winter.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SPS has a good picture of them up at the website...

$279 fronts
$229 rears

So the site that Jim provided is a bit cheaper... I'd rather buy from SPS, since it's a Saturn supporting company, but cheaper is cheaper... I know some people have had troubles with them before, but I've had good luck so far. When I had my old SC2 that is...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah i had stillen rotors on my sc2 for years, and never had a problem with em....they were sweet.

im definitely going to be splurging on these sometime this summer.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPS may support Saturns, but with every e-mail, I've had to read the bullshit political messages thrown out by John - no thanks, I'm a combat (wounded) veteran, and damned sure don't appreciate the liberal horseshit that seems to be a mandatory part of doing business with them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
SPS may support Saturns, but with every e-mail, I've had to read the bullshit political messages thrown out by John - no thanks, I'm a combat (wounded) veteran, and damned sure don't appreciate the liberal horseshit that seems to be a mandatory part of doing business with them.

what saturns did you have before this one?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
None - why would that matter? I'm talking about John's political agenda, not cars. I've exchanged 6-8 e-mails with him concerning suspension and performance parts, and I've been offended by his comments and e-mail tags - it's pretty tough to offend me. I have every right to choose where I spend my money, and when someone desicrates the country I've been wounded while protecting, I don't spend my money with them.

Soapbox mode off.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All good - in fact, in a fit of hypocrisy, I ordered an AEM short ram from SPS today (red anodized), since my local guy, another local guy, and two other people I'm dealing with can't put both oars in the water and hook me up with an intake....I put a comment in the bottom of the order checkout page..."no political or personal comments, please"...

We'll see if it works - them danged liberals are worse than Jehovah's Witnesses. They thump on your door all day, but they never have the facts straight - my oldest brother is a JW minister/speaker - our family reunions need video cameras to save the Jerry Springer show filming costs.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
unless you are living within 30 miles of philadelphia, harrisburg, or pittsburg u dont need to worry about liberals banging on your door here in pa....thats one good thing about this state :D

im surprised, sps is selling it at much less than most aem dealers are selling them for. the one near me quoted me at 250, i laughed and hung up the phone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen one at Cox Imports for $146, but they're not in stock yet. I got tired of waiting and talking to all these guys....

And yes, I live within 30 miles of Philly, right at 30 miles from Philly, and consult for a lawfirm with 42 Philly lawyers...what a freakin' nightmare. The money's great, though.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
move to york county, you'll feel right at home if you're a gun toting conservative like myself, hehe.

but anyway, back to the topic at hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts