·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
sub'd
stupid 10char

·
Boost get some.
3,261 Posts
Looks like eric has been busy lately. Keep up the good work.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks. I did another log last night. Injectors go static just after 6000rpms. I will probably have some information to post on Friday.

I also have been playing with the timing under cruise to see what kind of effect it can have on fuel economy. So far I have added 7 degrees in the upper left hand side of the timing table. It seems to be making a difference but I won't know until I get to run a full tank through the car with out several WOT runs.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
if interceptors can show instant mpg, shouldn't there be a way to create a pid to log it? i'm sure there's a way, just a matter of how much math goes into it lol. if you have the amount of air being consumed and the afr, use that to calc fuel being used???
i'll have to do some more thinking on this....

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks. Next I want to test the differences between the M62 and the H62. Would you be willing to donate yours for research? ;)
Haha, but I already did that!

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Thanks. I did another log last night. Injectors go static just after 6000rpms. I will probably have some information to post on Friday.

I also have been playing with the timing under cruise to see what kind of effect it can have on fuel economy. So far I have added 7 degrees in the upper left hand side of the timing table. It seems to be making a difference but I won't know until I get to run a full tank through the car with out several WOT runs.
You need to go farther to the middle of the table to get a mpg effect. Do some cruising highway runs and where your timing hits during that run is where you need to add.

Good work so far, looking forward to the results. Not sure why your wasting your time on the stock injectors but go for it :) Hopefully my 60s go to good use.

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
if interceptors can show instant mpg, shouldn't there be a way to create a pid to log it?
Yeah but the only real way to know for sure would to drive the same roads, at the same speed, in the same conditions.

Haha, but I already did that!
It was worth a shot!

You need to go farther to the middle of the table to get a mpg effect. Do some cruising highway runs and where your timing hits during that run is where you need to add.
Yeah I am more in the middle left of the table. It seems to be helping. The feels lets putzy under cruise. It must be making a difference.

Not sure why your wasting your time on the stock injectors but go for it :) Hopefully my 60s go to good use.
Just for fun. And I wanted to find out how bad the stock injectors are being pushed. It was really only a couple of weeks of work. The fall blend of E85 starts shipping this week. I will wait till all the pumps are on E78 before I make the switch. So I have some time to waste.

Thanks for the 60s!

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was worth a shot!
I would be interested to see how much you would gain from bolting on the H62 to a bone stock car (stock tune, stock injectors, stock pulley). I still have my stock injectors, maybe I should do some testing of my own, haha.

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I would be interested to see how much you would gain from bolting on the H62 to a bone stock car (stock tune, stock injectors, stock pulley). I still have my stock injectors, maybe I should do some testing of my own, haha.
Its too much work. Let me do it.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
lol i can understand why! i'd never heard of it till this thread so i went and looked it up. seems like a pretty sweet idea, wish there was more of them around! from what i read there's like 7 still existing in public hands?

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah something like that.

I got my ODBII blue tooth adaptor hooked up to the Torque App on my phone. It seems to be logging everything but HP and TQ correctly. The HP and TQ readings will show the same for like 1000rpms and then jump. Hopefully I can play around with the settings to get the calculation correct.

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol i can understand why! i'd never heard of it till this thread so i went and looked it up. seems like a pretty sweet idea, wish there was more of them around! from what i read there's like 7 still existing in public hands?

There are only 3 documented to exist.

The other 4 are rumored to still be around. I know of one other guy that has one on *************. The other H62 I know of is still on Time Attack.

On a side note, maybe I'll post a thread on here about my H62, my results with it, and some information. It seems like the members on here are much more mature than the ones on *************. I made a thread about my H62 on there, and people started ruining it.

Ok, enough thread jacking, haha. Back to thread :)

21 - 40 of 128 Posts