Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone having problems with there rims starting to pit out where the wheel and the spoke come together??? mine are starting to do it really bad and i was curious of anyone is having the same problem :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
did you buy the rim coverage? if so bring em back

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wheel/tire warranty?!? They never mentioned this at the time of sale. Can you provide a bit more specifics? Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got a special deal when i got my car b/c of a family memeber working for gm so i got the coverage i was just wondering if anyone was having the same problem that i was

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I havnt notice any problems with my wheels.

The $200 warranty covers your tires and wheels for 5 years against road hazards. It only covers the original tires and wheels up to 4 wheels and 4 tires.

·
I
7,838 Posts
My dealer didn't mention anything about rim and tire coverage. But i am having problems with pitting. Is there anything that the dealer can do if i didn't have the coverage?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
man you can bring them back if the finish even starts to fade if you have the warranty.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I've noticed some real tiny spots, I hit them with polish, and 99% of them were gone, or hardly noticeable anymore. If they get worse, is that something that is covered by the bumper to bumper? They sure never mentioned anything about wheel and tire coverare when I was in there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got the coverage and its nice to know that they are covered. I am noticing small pits right now and try to clean the wheels at least once a week. I'm really gonna spend some time on them today (hopefully) to see how bad the damage is.

But to answer your question, yes, I am having the same problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
redline603 said:
is anyone having problems with there rims starting to pit out where the wheel and the spoke come together??? mine are starting to do it really bad and i was curious of anyone is having the same problem :mad:
What do you mean by pitting? Something mechanical or those little pits as a result of not cleaning off brake dust promptly?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I've noticed some real tiny spots, I hit them with polish, and 99% of them were gone, or hardly noticeable anymore. If they get worse, is that something that is covered by the bumper to bumper? They sure never mentioned anything about wheel and tire coverare when I was in there.
What type of polish do you use? Does it work good? I bought some last summer and it doesn't really seem to work woth a damn.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I just had a really close look at my wheels and there doesnt seem to be any pitting. There were some hard specks of brake dust on them. I just used wheelcleaner and plastic brush to clean them and they look fine now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Verifying rim coverage cost

jpapa said:
Is this the wheels and tire warranty/protection that was like $200 more? Or was this something separate?
I checked in to the rim/tire warranty with my dealership yesterday and they quoted me a price of $300 for 3 years of coverage. They said $179 for tires only, but $300 for both to be covered. Checking in to see what others paid. Does this sound right or is my dealer trying to recapture another $100 from the exchange of my 04 for the red 05 RL? Please look at your agreement to verify. It's not the $100 bucks, I just would rather apply it toward a K&N setup than throw it toward the dealer's overhead :p Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hes the lastest i have gotten from teh dealer they said that it should be covered under the factory warrenty, not the bumper to bumper. they are suppose to call me today with what they are going to do about replacing the rims today ill keep u posted

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
What type of polish do you use? Does it work good? I bought some last summer and it doesn't really seem to work woth a damn.
I used Mother's Chrome Polish, I know we don't have actualy chrome, but it was safe for everything, and I do have other chrome wheels around the house. I had also used it previously, when my Camaro actually had it's engine it still. Worked pretty good, not sure how to compare them or anything...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hawflake said:
What do you mean by pitting? Something mechanical or those little pits as a result of not cleaning off brake dust promptly?
the rims are getting little rust spots on them i am not sure why it is doing it this quickly i have seen rims with this problem but after one 5 1/2 months its crazy for it to be doing it. probably from the qonderful new england weather and the salt that they use up here. even me washing my rims 3 time a week and putting a wax on them they still did it but i still havnt heard from the dealer on what they are going to do to fix it :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts