Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been starting to think i need new springs but because of where i live i don't want to go lower. My car has 120XXX and doesnt seem to wanna hold more than 2 people. Even when its just me i can hear the tires hitting the wheel well. Not sure if its just how they are or they're worn out. I'll pretty sure they're just toast and if that's what y'all think to are they're any stock height upgrades out there? Tia

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Ive been starting to think i need new springs but because of where i live i don't want to go lower. My car has 120XXX and doesnt seem to wanna hold more than 2 people. Even when its just me i can hear the tires hitting the wheel well. Not sure if its just how they are or they're worn out. I'll pretty sure they're just toast and if that's what y'all think to are they're any stock height upgrades out there? Tia
Crateenginedepot.com search the cobalt section for yyz spring setup. Best on the market. Slight drop but not much with progressive rate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Crateenginedepot.com search the cobalt section for yyz spring setup. Best on the market. Slight drop but not much with progressive rate.
my stockers were worn out and I did the yyz springs and its actually higher than it was with the worn out ones. my tires werent rubbing but I no longer scrape every driveway I pull out of. very happy with them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
When do your tires rub??? When you hit bumps or when you turn??? Front ... back ... booth?? 120k your suspension is definitely wore out especially if previous owner didn't maintain car.. check the color of your springs... green = tien ( junk).... red = eibach or canuck springs ... black =stock.. somebody could if chopped the springs giving it a lower ride height as well.... stock springs at 120k still should be good IMO... replace shocks, struts, sway bar bushings, control arm bushings (front and back), endlinks ( go with stock moog sucks), check tie rods add well.. if you do the work yourself your looking at 800 on a guess at the price

Yyz springs will drop front and back roughly 1,25" they are stiffer springs for performance.. but they were well worth the money for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They rub when i hit bumps in the front end only as far as i can tell. they're definitely stock. Ive done fe5 shocks struts and the end links recently and threat helped, but i guess i didnt relize how bad the springs were. When doing that i found out i need some upper strut bushings also so its gotta come apart again anyway. Plus i was planning on lca swap also.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I looked around and didn't find any springs online... if your looking for the same ride height with some better performance would try and find some new stock cobalt ss 08-10 springs....I think I still might have my stock springs if your interested... 86k on them and I didn't have sn issue with them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No rubbing issues anymore. I ended up going with the s-tech springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
No rubbing issues anymore. I ended up going with the s-tech springs.
Do you have any more pictures of your IRL on Teins? I've been looking to get them for awhile now.

Any bounciness or weird vibrations from the them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Do you have any more pictures of your IRL on Teins? I've been looking to get them for awhile now.

Any bounciness or weird vibrations from the them?

Thanks!
Ass sag and kidney jarring ride after a year. Stay far away from the Teins. They are literally the worst spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts