Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, it has been too long since I've been active on here. It's funny how life has a way of changing your priorities.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this post....

I am going to be in the market for some breaks soon and I was trying to find a suitable solution from a Canadian supplier.

I would like to get rotors on all 4 corners. On the front I need pads but the rear pads have about 70% left.

So, I would like something with better performance and lower dust. I may try out some Solo racing this year but nothing is for sure. Just like everyone else, I'm looking for a good deal.

I was thinking about the Brembo blanks or the GMPP rotors but I'm not sure where the best place to go it.

I suppose I should also say that I'm in Calgary.

Thanks for your help!

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Ok refresh my canadien states. Is alberta more eastern or western. Ive only been to Victoria and White Rock right on the border of Washington and Canada.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ok refresh my canadien states. Is alberta more eastern or western. Ive only been to Victoria and White Rock right on the border of Washington and Canada.
White Rock and Victoria are in BC

...................Frozen Places you haven't been

BC - Alberta - Sask - Manitoba - Ontario - Quebec - Lots of small places

There is the order hahahahaha

As for the OP, I'm not sure of any Canadian retailers [though Parts Source/Canadian Tire/Napa could probably order you them in, they would likely rape you on prices].

Gravana Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, OTT Performance, etc all ship to Canada I believe [I have personally dealt with Gravana and have had no problems with them shipping me stuff... other than our stupid Duty Tax and a somewhat annoying shipping charge due to weight and size... though it's still usually cheaper after all that than it is from most Canadian Retailers... sadly].

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
brembo blanks on all four corners and hawk hps pads and you will be good!..im not big on the whole drilled/slotted silliness unless you are hot lapping here in sebring florida or perhaps daytona!....kiss principles! oh and change your brake/clutch fluid more frequently than the maintenance schedules....our cars share the clutch/brake fluid so it takes a real beating...colm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips and the strange geography lesson.

So there are no Canadian retailers then.....alright. The dollar is just taking a beating right now and shipping always seems to be a biatch. I'll hunt down those retailers and see what works.

And excellent tip on the brake/clutch fluid, I had no idea. I just had the fluid flushed since it was in for a seized caliper. Thought I might as well let them do it. It's the first time I've done it on the car and I'm not sure what the schedule is, I never checked. My 04 was my toy for the first few years of it's life and was only a fair weather driver. It just hit 38,000Kms. Last year I bought some snows and started driving it year round.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
dam lilhomie,,next time yer in victoria let me know.....bring that hood too hehehe
How bout u come down here lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts