Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all i have had my car for no more than a month and it is leaking oil! :mad:
I was piasssed well any way i took it to saturn and those service dudes are the nicest mofo's ive ever met :D i told them to fix the leak, ecu upgrade thingy, oil change, and recall fix then he was like sure sign this and i was out of there!!!!!

hope they make it work lik it used too!!!!

P.s. does your car get any noticable power after first oil change? :confused:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
sup all i have had my car for no more than a month and it is leaking oil! :mad:
I was piasssed well any way i took it to saturn and those service dudes are the nicest mofo's ive ever met :D i told them to fix the leak, ecu upgrade thingy, oil change, and recall fix then he was like sure sign this and i was out of there!!!!!

hope they make it work lik it used too!!!!

P.s. does your car get any noticable power after first oil change? :confused:
My car sure felt smoother, but I think that was all in my head...

Edited: Was the oil leaking from the Cam Seal? That was the recall...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
no but theres a lot of differnce in the ecu update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2007 Saturn Ion with the 2.2 engine. The car recently developed an oil leak and in researching this on your site, it appears the leak is coming from the Camshaft Position Sensor. Does anybody know any details on an factory recall (referenced on this post location) for this item? Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I never even heard of a recall for the CPS. The only recalls I know of are for the power steering, ignition switch and flex pipe/cat. I can't say for sure, but if you need more info, go to your local Chevy dealer and see what kind of recalls there were. BTW, this is a 6 year old thread lol.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Lol, I remember cvenom.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
safercar.gov shows only two possible open recalls for your car. oil leak is not one of them.

cvenom. poor guy. only heard about him.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
wasn't he the one who hit and killed a lady while street racing?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
wasn't he the one who hit and killed a lady while street racing?
That is correct. I think the incident happened shortly before I joined the forums.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Crazy. He was a regular poster too. I remember that.

Sad, real sad.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Wow, that is a damn shame. Not saying anyone should be racing on the streets but if you convinced yourself that you're going to do it, at least do it on an empty road or highway early in the morning/late at night. That is really sad to hear. I assume hes locked up now, correct?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I wonder how long he went away for.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Wow, I forgot all about cvenom! Didn't he split the lady's car in half?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, thanks everyone for the replies. I actually called Saturn to find out about a possible recall and found out that in fact, there wasn't one at the present time.

Very well; I guess I'll have to change it out myself. Just to be sure, this what I see; standing in front of the car I discovered the leak is coming from a sensor just to the left of the oil filter and below it. Of course, it's in a location that'll tough to get to. Is this the cam position sensor or is this the crank position sensor?

At any rate, it looks like I'll have to get under the car and remove the starter first to be able to access it. I guess I'll need to know how to remove and replace my starter eventually anyway.

My next door neighbor said that maybe the sensor is still good and it's only the rubber 'o' ring that needs to be replaced. What do you people think? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
are you sure it's the sensor and not the o-ring on the filter cap itself? i see those fail all the time when people don't replace them every oil change.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts