Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i posted previoulsy about my entire shift column coming off...now its on but i only have first gear...im on the freeway and shift from 3rd to 4th hard...and i realize im not accelerating after i shift...i pull over and it feels as though my shifter had been moved upwards to much to where i cant shift :( ..and my gears are longer, except when i shift to where a gear should be, nothing happens...even if i pop the clutch it doesnt stall... :eek: i ended up drving 8 miles home in first gear...theres goes all my gas...i really dont want to go back to saturn and argue with them again..anyone have this problem before...any suggestions???....thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
have them tow it. Make them fix it and get a upgraded rental.

·
Registered
437 Posts
yea if they fixed it before than its there fault...have them send you a tow truck fully paid by them with a good rental....there is no reason they canb say they can't cuz you never had that problem before the shifter issue, until after you got it fixed

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yep, I would call that 800 number for roadside and have it towed back in. The problem is new, they shouldn't arguer about it unless the dealer is a real ass.

Just a side note, when mine was brought in on a flatbed, the driver was telling me that the local BMW dealer has asked the tow company to notify them of when they will be bringing in vehicles on a truck. and has asked that they not come in the direct route, to come down the back road and turn in the back drive when dropping off. Funny...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Pull the boot up and check that little plastic piece (ie. reverse lockout doo-hickey). Mine came up and got turned backwards when my shift knob came off and I could only get my car into first and third gear.

I pulled over at a gas station and took that piece completely off and could get every gear but yes, they seemed longer and it was easy to miss them.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Kirtsky said:
Yep, I would call that 800 number for roadside and have it towed back in. The problem is new, they shouldn't arguer about it unless the dealer is a real ass.

Just a side note, when mine was brought in on a flatbed, the driver was telling me that the local BMW dealer has asked the tow company to notify them of when they will be bringing in vehicles on a truck. and has asked that they not come in the direct route, to come down the back road and turn in the back drive when dropping off. Funny...
They dont want the new car customers to see that they break down also..

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
John said:
They dont want the new car customers to see that they break down also..
Bimmers break down more often than a lot of other cars; german cars have extreme reliability issues, as well-engineered as they are.

Either way, yeah, make a HUGE fuss out of it. Make them pay for EVERYTHING - your gas, your rental, the towing; tell them to make a month's payment for you; you shouldn't be having to do this with a nearly brand new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts